Deavers didn't fix my axle hop. Just broke 2nd drive shaft:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a supercharged 6.2 with headers and a Hennessy tune. I'm running the +2 deavers with 37" nitro mud tires. I broke the stock drive shaft so I replaced it with a Custom carbon fiber drive shaft from pstds. Just broke that one last night. I'll be calling outlaw first thing in the morning to see if they can come up with a solution for me. I would really like to pin the throttle off the start without breaking the truck. What good is 600hp when you can't use it? I thought I should post on here to see if anyone on here had any ideas on how permanently get rid of the wheel hop. Traction bars are the obvious fix but I'm really not interested in losing travel. There has got to be a better way to keep that damn rear end from twisting.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think about trying RPGs national leaf springs? or just going all out and gettin a stage 3 rpg kit, that will get rid of wheel hop :waytogo:

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I already have the outlaw frame support and bump stop kit. It's essentially the same thing as the RPG stage 3 kit. I don't really see how that would make a difference. Thanks for the reply though. I appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
You already know the fix. Take the 10 pounds out of your right shoe.
You have to keep in mind the torque that is created at takeoff, your breaking driveshafts. Put a go pro down there to see if wheel hop is part of the problem.
You have to think, "am I really that fast if I'm wheel hoppin"
I say ease into it, get it rollin then pin it ?
All outlaw could do is to 4 link it. All that will do is keep axle wrap up under control. With that much power and grip with tires something has to break if the tires won't break loose. Someone described it as the pinion gear trying to climb the ring gear or something like that, very good explanation. Good luck to you, ease off that right foot or carry extra driveshafts in the bed ?
Another idea is to have Hennessey limit power at takeoff. But seems like you want to burn rubber from takeoff ?

Last edited:

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call Jeff at Deaver, and tell him your problem. He can customize the springs to help with wheel hop.

He did it for me, and I have no problem at all.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm---mine does not have a SC just a programmer and CAI and exhaust but the Heavy Duty version of the National Springs (and NO SAG) fixed my axle hop issue. Could be that the Nitto Muds have something to do with your problem. There is no free lunch as they say and having some experience with extreme HP in applications that should not I will tell you that the weakest link in the chain will become evident every time you remedy the previous one lol. Good Luck!

I am betting that the tires have something to do with it. They are not made to do what you are doing.

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably gonna have to get a solid drive shafts made for extreme horsepower. Also you can 4 link it :waytogo:

micky

Reaction score
the weight of those Nitto's is not helping your problem one bit. If I was in your shoes I would look at some form of trac bar.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the programming changed in 2011+ such that you can't totally disable the nannies, right?