Deavers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm torn, I seem to be getting myself more and more into the area of needing a Super Duty rather then the Raptor. I just bought a New Holland T1510 tractor which weighs in around 3000 with the FEL plus the trailer is probably going to be around 4500. Do you guys recommend adding the deavers and I def need a distribution hitch so which one did you guys go with?

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually, the stock springs are great for towing in most cases... The standard Deavers and Nationals really aren't designed with towing or heavy loads in mind, they're designed for off road performance.

However, you can get a custom spring with additional leafs, which may be better than stock for towing. I have a custom 3" Deaver pack, and when loaded with 600lbs in the bed, the truck is perfectly level with the front, which is at a comparable "high perch" setting. This spring would likely work very well for me, if I had to tow with significant weight.

The only downside is when unloaded, the rear is extremely stiff!

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nicpic83... I'm probably going to go with the WSI then. Read a couple other threads and it seems like that's my best bet. I have a 2" drop right now you think a distribution hitch is still going to be necessary?

By the way I'm always down in rockland never seen the truck cruising around tho. Where in rockland county are you located?

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was over in Garnerville yesterday for a survey. I engineer both the path and cable route for the fios down in Rockland so I'm not in one specific area all the time, I bounce all over.

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive my lil saturn down there, wouldnt catch me putting my miles on the raptor for work. I strictly only drive it for going north, road trips, and the occasional ride to home depot lol. Gas would kill me if i drove it from up in Wingdale all the way down there.

Lumber

Reaction score
Don't waste your money on a new spring pack. Take and add a custom leaf to the stock(worthless) pack. It will run you around $300.

I use my truck for work and can put a 1500 lb pallet in the back with absolutely no problem. No change in ride empty or loaded.

I doubt you will need a weight distributing hitch. 5k lbs is not a lot . Don't hook that up with the stock springs though, your bumper will touch the ground...