Deaver Installation Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from my local suspension shop to check on the installation cost for Deavers. I gave them the instructions I picked up on the Forum, showing how to cut off the bolt etc.
They even said they would install the bump stop kit (on order) for no extra charge. So I was stoked about getting them installed.
The price they quoted was $1250! What!?!?!
"Oh, the gas tank needs to be removed so we can get the bolt out". I replied, just cut it off like in the instructions. "Oh, were note sure about that, and the only way to install the new one is to removed the gas tank". Install it the other way!
Now, I just got out of back surgery last month, and getting out of bed is a challenge, but I'm not going to pay that much. I have all the tools I need, so I may attempt it DIY anyway. BTW, thanks to all those who posted instructions.
Can anyone give me a ballpark figure of what price I should be paying for the installation?

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should take the average joe in his driveway 3-4 hours labor max, (3 or less for a shop with a lift, tools and manpower) they should NOT be removing the gas tank.

The well documented procedure is very easy, once you cut that bolt off. call around and find a new shop.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did mine in my garage by myself. With the exception of the weight and awkwardness of the springs, it's well within the capabilities of most DIY'ers. I'd definitely be willing to help you do the installs on your truck if you want. I'll be out at SEMA next week so the next two weekends are out. But if you can wait until Veterans Day weekend or the following weekend, I can come down there (or you come up to Orlando) and we'll get it knocked out.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We charge 4 hours labor to do it with the cut bolt method. That price generally includes adding the SDHQ bump plates as well.

Thanks!

Understanding where you work tells us that price is the high point. Anyone paying more than 4 hours labor is throwing their money away.

OP
OP
Skyfrog

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine in my garage by myself. With the exception of the weight and awkwardness of the springs, it's well within the capabilities of most DIY'ers. I'd definitely be willing to help you do the installs on your truck if you want. I'll be out at SEMA next week so the next two weekends are out. But if you can wait until Veterans Day weekend or the following weekend, I can come down there (or you come up to Orlando) and we'll get it knocked out.

Thanks, I really appreciate the offer to help. I am still waiting on the back-ordered bump stops to show up, so I won't be doing this anytime soon.
But it's good to know someone is in the area with the knowledge to do the job.
I also gave a call to a 4 Wheel Parts store, they were much more reasonable at $350, and they already knew what Deavers are.