Dealer Wont Do Mid Perch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys. I dropped my 2013 Raptor off at my local ford dealership today to get the mid perch mod done. I got a call about an hour later saying that they dont feel comfortable doing it because they said the set screw has no place to go once it's in mid perch. I tried telling them that it isnt even needed but they still said no. Is the set screw actually needed or no? Thanks

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys. I dropped my 2013 Raptor off at my local ford dealership today to get the mid perch mod done. I got a call about an hour later saying that they dont feel comfortable doing it because they said the set screw has no place to go once it's in mid perch. I tried telling them that it isnt even needed but they still said no. Is the set screw actually needed or no? Thanks

Dealer doesn't know what they're doing. Don't have them do it.

Others do. I had mine done at a dealership.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are total morons. They originally told me that the shocks were not even adjustable. Bringing it to an offroad shop tomorrow to get it done.

Probably cheaper. I only used a dealer because they guaranteed me it wouldn't mess with any warranty stuff - and I've had my share of that.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just had new front shocks installed at my dealer.
Will never do that again, they completely rip me off after saying Ford will warranty the blown shocks under Extended Premium Warranty.
I only have 37,000 miles on her but she almost 7 years old now. 5 years Supercharged and it's my DD.

They did the Mid-Perch but wrote on the service invoice that "Installed new Shocks and adjusted to Mid-Perch as per customer's request".

And Ford did not honor the warranty but instead had the dealer offer 25% off on the blown shocks and then the dealer charged me full price on the shocks $842.20 each.
Total job $1,669

I am still battling the price, I have the cart image from Tasca Ford Parts showing front shocks are $442 each.

I did buy the rear shocks from Tasca Parts $1,070 and change delivered to my door. I'll throw them in myself.

Needless to saying I'm done with that dealer for both my Fords.

Last edited:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Normal ******** when you take anything to a dealer...I have my truck serviced under extended warranty for telescopic steering not working, also told them to check out rear clanking noise as per TSB....Well the service advisor was trying to sell me new drive shaft, saying it was bad...lol What a moron, trying to charge me $1400 to replace it. The master tech that works there is a customer of mine. He just ended up performing the TSB free of charge.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is why you just do it all at home and dont have to worry about anything.

Yeah, well I'm a tad older and have money now. (to pay for warranty)
When I was younger I did all the work myself, I do a lot now still with the three cars I own now.
I don't even use 80% of the $8,000 of Automotive Tools I've purchased in 40 years. LOL
My neighbor said he would give $3K for them but I can't do it, there all still like new.

Last edited:

Lugnut2683

Reaction score

Curious, do you go to Virginia Tech (since you're in Blacksburg)?

Anyways guys... this is such a simple mod, you can do it in your driveway with hand tools. All you need to do is rent a spring compressor from Auto Zone. Here is a video on exactly how to do it, courtesy of RPG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqJXF0KYp0I