DayStar 2" Leveling Kit vs Top Perch Shock Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DayStar has come out with a 2" leveling kit for the Raptor.
YouTube - 2010 Ford F-150 Raptor 2" Leveling Kit from Daystar Products ID9287
The kit only costs $129. Would someone smarter than me, please explain the difference between installing this spacer or adjusting the perch setting. Aside from the fact that this kit costs 129 bucks, but the perch adjustment requires me to find someone with a coil spring compressor.

OP
OP
FlounderStalker

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok - You don't have to be smarter than me to reply. I'll even take comments from Birdy.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Ok, so that spacer looks like it will bolt to the stock spacer on top of the shock mount(see in the pic the top of the shock and 3 bolts? it will bolt to that), then you will bolt the shock through the chassis effectively lifting the truck up off the shock mount 2" from stock.
DSC000502.jpg
when you do the perch mod, you remove the spring, move it's bottom perch upwards(the blue thing) which will basically lift the truck from the spring. the spring is more compressed, the suspension angles change, the wheels get pulled in slightly and the ride gets stiffened.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
you can rent spring compressors for FREE, yes free at Autozone and with half a brain you can do the perch mod in an afternoon with air tools and a lift. oh and, :flipthebird:, you're welcome

IRONMAN

Reaction score
DayStar has come out with a 2" leveling kit for the Raptor.
YouTube - 2010 Ford F-150 Raptor 2" Leveling Kit from Daystar Products ID9287
The kit only costs $129. Would someone smarter than me, please explain the difference between installing this spacer or adjusting the perch setting. Aside from the fact that this kit costs 129 bucks, but the perch adjustment requires me to find someone with a coil spring compressor.

I would rather do this instead of the perch adjustment but 2", there's no way my truck will fit in the garage after.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I lean more toward this too. I like the stock ride but want the higher ride. And bam! there is a solution. I was going to pay $72 to have the perch adjustment anyway. Bump up $50 and its perfect.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i see, so the bolts they provide you thread on to the existing shock mount bolts, then you stick the new ones up through and bolt them to the truck. interesting ...and it would probably only take an hour with air tools. what about the shock perch mod AND the leveling kit :D plus a 4" lift in the rear yahhhhhh

kf09129bk.png