Which coil spring compressor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justafordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What coil spring compressor should I buy for a mid perch adjustment? I rented one from a parts store but it just broke as soon as I put pressure on it.:shocked:

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Go to another parts store, that one has been abused. There are some really cool ones on e bay but $ 600 or so. Or take off shock n go to a shop with the big stand type compressor.

OP
OP
Justafordguy

Justafordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen the really big stand type but don't really want to spend the $600 and don't have the extra room in my shop. Any smaller ones that are strong enough?

OP
OP
Justafordguy

Justafordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally found a decent spring compressor and did the Mid Perch on my truck. I really like the way it drives and looks.

The compressor I ended up with is a OEM 25550 Strut Spring Compressor. It was less than $50 on Amazon and is really well made.

2012-08-05_16-04-44_209.jpg

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice shot of the Bronco as well! I like it, New school/Old school!
Any pics of the tool you used?

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I bought two pairs of the OEM compressors. Changed the top part out of one coilover, and adjusted the perch on another with no issues.