Camber / Caster Kit, Specialty Products Company p/n 86250

Specialty Products Company p/n 86250: Yes or No? Muti-Choice!

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We install these on every Raptor we do a perch adjustment on or put coilovers on. They do help a ton when installed properly. The lower control arm bolts should ALWAYS be torqued with the vehicle on the ground to be done properly. Torquing the bolts with the vehicle in the air (on jack stands or a lift) can cause premature bushing wear or even destroy it by the time you get to the alignment shop.

Follow the torque specs. Loctite is definitely a good idea to help make sure the nut doesn't back off. It is also a good idea to retorque the entire suspension after doing any kind of work to it whether it be a perch adjustment, or installing coilovers, rear shocks, rear leaf springs, or bump stops. We always recommend our customers come back for a retorque to make sure their suspension stays in spec.

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We install these on every Raptor we do a perch adjustment on or put coilovers on. They do help a ton when installed properly. The lower control arm bolts should ALWAYS be torqued with the vehicle on the ground to be done properly. Torquing the bolts with the vehicle in the air (on jack stands or a lift) can cause premature bushing wear or even destroy it by the time you get to the alignment shop.

Follow the torque specs. Loctite is definitely a good idea to help make sure the nut doesn't back off. It is also a good idea to retorque the entire suspension after doing any kind of work to it whether it be a perch adjustment, or installing coilovers, rear shocks, rear leaf springs, or bump stops. We always recommend our customers come back for a retorque to make sure their suspension stays in spec.

Thank you Jason, for your reply. My Raptor is now on the rack, getting aligned. The nuts were coated with Loctite before hand. The owner of the Shop is doing the alignment, and explaining everything to me as he progresses. He has already asked more questions about my driving habits than care to relay here. He has the rear done and has been dialing in the front for some time now.

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, first let me say thank you to all who voted/commented, in this thread. The alignment is done and hopefully this tread has helped some, I know I have learned a lot.

If you want some technical advice on alignments please check out Pirate Air's thread here.

So to start, here is how my truck's alignment was after Havoc:

4c1ce111-b4be-465e-b549-a586447f1d6f_zps28379d94.jpg

This is the alignment after about 3 hours of adjusting (yes, 3hrs.):

b92aef5b-8b48-4f60-a755-39554495089b_zps981f91a6.jpg

After arriving this morning, I talked to the owner, who has over 20 years experience, about all of my concerns. Namely, having correct thrust angles and a straight steering wheel (damn you red stripe); using the camber/caster kit to make his job easier and for me to be able to visually check the nuts/alignment, and most importantly to make sure that these nuts NEVER fall off.

All of these concerns were addressed and the owner himself did the work. He spent all morning on the truck stopping occasionally to help one of his techs. or talk with a customer. The steering wheel stripe is now dead center. It doesn't pull or skip like it did before the alignment, and steering is effortless/smoother. The caster/camber kit is installed with Loctite and, because there was room on the front control arm bolts, he also added the factory nuts to act as a lock nut.:waytogo: Those things aren’t going any where. One thing he did which surprised me was that he coated every nut/bolt/component with grease which not only lubricates but also keeps any moisture out. He even coated the skid plate bolts which was removed to get better access to the lower control arms. When he was done, he painted everything black which will help to visually check the alignment (If you see silver, something’s up).

When I got her home, I added the white lines you see in the pics: Front drivers side (you can see the grease oozing out):

IMAG1449_zpsfe1ed724.jpgIMAG1448_zps1bd65118.jpg

Front passenger side:

IMAG1446_zps6f4d75e7.jpg

Rear, you can see there's not enough thread to add a second nut:

IMAG1452_zps820a583a.jpg

Lee, the owner, made sure that I got the 2 factory/spare nuts as well as the print out of what he did. Always get the print out, ask for it if they don't offer it to you. It did cost twice the amount I paid at the Ford dealership, but when you compare the 30min alignment at Ford to the 3hr alignment I got with all the extra attention, I would say it's money well spent.

Tim

Oh, and the Loctite was applied prior to getting the alignment done, on my kitchen table. shhh:
IMAG1418_zps89012d5c.jpg

Last edited:

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my alignment done at Firestone - couldn't resist the lifetime deal...Unfortunately only lasted for about an hour offroad max until I realized that the steering wheel alignment was off. Been babying it for a while and this morning found the alignment kit dangling loose on the bolt...
Gave them the detailed instructions - stressing the loctite of course no trace of any loctite...
Back at firestone right now, but seeing a frustrated tech working on it doesn't make me confident round 2 will last much longer...

Wish I also would have put on the loctite beforehand myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck, I had mine done in October and I can tell you they have not moved at all. I have wheeled some since having the alignment done, and hit many pot holes here in Mass. Let us know how you make out. That lifetime alignment is a great deal.

D

Deleted member 12951

Sub: Purchased the kit and was going to have Firestone do mine for the lifetime too. Want to be prepared when I go in.

Sent using Tapatalk

CLAMUP

Reaction score
Specialty Products 85252

Specialty Products 85252 is the set you should be ordering for the Raptor,
bolt is for adjusting only, nut side is for torque. I used the medium blue thread lock, taking for alignment tomorrow,

I did have a few issues with there instructions and different bolt types:
ordered for both sides, one set came with 12.9 grade bolts and the other came with 10.9 grade, made the call to Specialty Products, they told me the 10.9 is the newer version, i hope so,

they also told me to torque them at 198 ft lbs, there instruction sheet says 174
ft lbs, well which is it?

note, to install correctly all nuts should face the front of the truck, this will require dropping the stabilizer bar to get the bolts in correctly. this allows for room to use a torque wrench with deep socket on the nut and open end on the bolt to adjust cams.

seems like a quality product, I would prefer they were made in AMERICA NOT CHINA.

Attachments

• 2017-06-18 06.23.28.jpg
    2017-06-18 06.23.28.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 2017-06-19 14.41.15.jpg
    2017-06-19 14.41.15.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 102

Mr H

Reaction score
hi guys,

sorry to bring up an old thread but need some info on these camber kits.

i'm new the the raptor game and i recently put new front struts on and went mid-perch.

the shop in tucson, 4 wheel parts (total offroad) only had the standard kit so i did that for now. i'm not a hard use guy, just casual off roading for the raptor. will these kits hold or will i need to upgrade someday? i see locktite is recommend so i can get some green penetrating loctite to drop on those bolts.

also, my buddy bought a raptor before me that was on mid-perch all ready but didnt have the camber kit. his tires seem ok for camber but how will the lack of camber kit manifest itself down the road?

thanks, scott