Bypass rack - 3.5s or 4.0s???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Changing up my entire suspension. My icon stuff is all coming off and I went with an LT Baja Kits front end w/King 3.0s. Order and SVC bump kit with 2.5" King shocks. Now, I'm going with an SVC bypass rack, V2. Question is, 3.5s or 4.0s? 3.5s seem to bolt right in but I'm hearing the 4.0 kings are a tight fit and require some modification. Any advice you bypass rack guys can offer? This is essentially the last piece of the puzzle in terms of suspension mods for now. Just don't want to make a rushed decision either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You aren't going to get much more feedback on 4.0s, not many have installed them, I have mine, tmx has done one or two, svc may have done one, other than that I'm pretty sure it's been 3.5s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

If you can afford the 4.0s get them. They don't require anymore modifications than the 3.5s.

They actually are more difficult to fit, you have to be more deliberate about where you place the lower shock mount to avoid shocks hitting any number of things and the lower mounts have to be cut to move them closer to the axle to avoid hitting the rack on full droops. Or at least that was my experience.

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Couple guys on the FB page also gave me a heads up on the install. The king 4.0s are big and a bit more difficult to install from what I have been told.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Couple guys on the FB page also gave me a heads up on the install. The king 4.0s are big and a bit more difficult to install from what I have been told.

Well I'm chase, so you've heard from me in both places lol. Like I said, probably won't be many to comment on 4.0s just not enough done.

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha i reread the reply and was like "that's gotta be chase" lol, thanks man, might just be 3.5s for me...seems like a small miscalculation here or there could cause more issues than I'm comfortable with

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha i reread the reply and was like "that's gotta be chase" lol, thanks man, might just be 3.5s for me...seems like a small miscalculation here or there could cause more issues than I'm comfortable with

I feel you, if it wasn't for the bragging rights and ego I probably would have done 3.5 as well

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel you, if it wasn't for the bragging rights and ego I probably would have done 3.5 as well

They probably look damn good though, especially when they're a custom setup. Got any pics of them installed so I can get jealous haha

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A leaf spung raptor is going to have a hard enough time heating up 3.5's let alone 4.0's. I'd appropriate the difference in money elsewhere in your build and stick with the 3.5's. Doubtful you'll benefit any noticeable difference between the two setups.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score