Broken Deaver +3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstennes

Reaction score
So I have been searching the forums on broken Deavers, all I seem is sag posts. Has anyone experienced a broken Deaver? Mine are plus 3's and I have carried loads from time to, but it hasn't been jumped so I'm at a loss here, their not even 2 years old. Im thinking of trying WSI or Icons now, as I really don't want this pita again, I pull a Mastercraft X30 and throw the bikes and what not in the back, so I'm wondering if I over stressed them that way? Any and all input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
More info might help... where did it break? Maybe provide pictures as well...

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Sorry for all the posts but for some odd reason I can only post one picture per post.
This was taken from the top of the rear spring facing towards the front

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Left spring rear, top spring. I emailed Deaver but have yet to hear back, up until this I have not had any complaints and love them other the. A little mare sag than I would expect, Mobutu it may be from my hauling loads, so I never have really cared, but this is kinda hard to "overlook".
Inside the wheel well, just behind the axle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that clean break shows a defect in the material.

Its too clean and straight, it just sheared. It could of been from over loading, but it is difficult to say.

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking, it's almost to clean and perfect from over loading to, I would think a over load stress break would leave a edge? Like when you continuously bend a piece of metal back and forth until it breaks, I may be wrong though? I have seen other broken springs and most are a little if not allot rougher, and have that little edge. This almost looks like a shear got ahold of it.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow that's weird how perfect the break is. I have deaver +3's and I load my truck up all the time with a substantial amount of weight without any issues. I'm not an expert but it would seem like it could be a defective set.