Brenthel long travel install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B300zted

Reaction score
First off I would like to commend you on all your hard work. Your truck is truly one of a kind.

With that said I'd like to ask you a question, hopefully without coming off as rude.

You've pretty much torn this truck down to a bare frame at this point and rebuilt it from the ground up. Would it not have been more economical to start of with a 2wd F-150? Or possibly a Jeep since most of the utility of a truck is gone anyway?

Again not trying to start a debate or anything. I'm just really curious to hear your opinion.

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off I would like to commend you on all your hard work. Your truck is truly one of a kind.

With that said I'd like to ask you a question, hopefully without coming off as rude.

You've pretty much torn this truck down to a bare frame at this point and rebuilt it from the ground up. Would it not have been more economical to start of with a 2wd F-150? Or possibly a Jeep since most of the utility of a truck is gone anyway?

Again not trying to start a debate or anything. I'm just really curious to hear your opinion.

A fair question and you're partially right.
A 2wd f150 certainly would have been the way to go.
But a jeep ? Hell no, I want to go fast off-road.

It's a slippery slope, I would never have fronted the money to do this kind of stuff without being encouraged by the incremental, but very tangible, performance gains from the other suspension mods I've done in the past.
I've learned my lesson though, next truck I buy is going straight to long travel...

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Just checking in and wanted to introduce myself as one of you new Baja Kits sales reps.
If any of you are interested in making a Long Travel, I'll be happy to assist and shorten the trip with a one stop shop.
Please feel free to reach out to me. I would love to play a vital role in your build.

Patrick