Brenthel long travel install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great right up and well done sir. Sounds like you're leaning towards sprung under, bed cage, and a notched frame. Any plans for a cage for the cab? Kind of sucks once you go LT in the front it opens up a can of worms lol.

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to stay away from a cab cage.
For a daily driver (with no helmet) there are some serious safety concerns with a cage. And a ton of noise and vibration comes through the cage from the chassis, especially if the cage is hooked to a four link.
I've had a few caged vehicles before and it pretty much ruined them as daily drivers. But I suppose this thing is turning into a bit of a toy... Not really ruling anything out at this point.

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rouge racing cantilever setup looks pretty sweet for the rear i.e. for keeping the dd usability of the box.

Is there anyone actually running this system yet (beside Rogue themselves) that has provided real world feedback? Rogue created a lot of hype when they first came out with this but since then I haven't seen a single person running it.

NTM - Do you think the safety concerns of the cage outweigh those of running offroad w/o a cage? I wouldn't think a well tucked, non race-spec cage, would be much of a safety concern for DD. Curious for more experienced feedback as I head down that path

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone actually running this system yet (beside Rogue themselves) that has provided real world feedback? Rogue created a lot of hype when they first came out with this but since then I haven't seen a single person running it.

NTM - Do you think the safety concerns of the cage outweigh those of running offroad w/o a cage? I wouldn't think a well tucked, non race-spec cage, would be much of a safety concern for DD. Curious for more experienced feedback as I head down that path

I'm in the same boat with the rogue cantilever, waiting for more detailed feedback...

As far as the safety concerns of running offroad without a cage, only the individual can decide. If my truck was a weekend warrior, then I'd likely cage it. But the odds are that if I'm in an accident, it'll be the traditional kind, and I won't be wearing a helmet or harness. The human body stretches and moves in some astounding ways in an accident, there's just no way you could get a halo bar far enough away from my head (in the raptor) to make me comfortable with not wearing a helmet. That's just me though, everybody has to consider their own circumstances.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

not sure but i plan on it just gotta figure how to sneak it past the wife

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mother of god, an alignment took 5.5 hours. $700 alignment.
Think I took it to the wrong place...
On the positive side of that, since the lca positions are fixed now, no more migrating alignment after hard use.
I've scrubbed off more than $1000 worth of tires in the past driving back from offroad shenanigans.
:flipthebird: to ford's slotted lca alignment setup.