Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Beware of RPG and National Leaf Springs


This is a discussion on Beware of RPG and National Leaf Springs within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by Bulletnjm ...are you inferring RPG took over national? i am confused lol Nope. If that is the ...


User Tag List

Like Tree50Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2016, 06:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
KaiserM715's Avatar
Kaiser Söze

 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,556
Mentioned: 309 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Bulletnjm View Post
...are you inferring RPG took over national? i am confused lol
Nope. If that is the case, that would be new information for me.






__________________
'10 Raptor - My build
'08 G8 GT
- sold
'04 MazdaSpeed Miata
'67 Jeep Kaiser M715 - sold
Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition . . . it's YOUR Public Land!
KaiserM715 is offline  
Old 06-01-2016, 07:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 32
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by 2014RubyRed View Post
No. It's not relevant. RPG is a trusted name around here. You aren't. Take your shitty feedback elsewhere.
I'll take that into consideration.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Zeke555 View Post
I have a set of National HD +3 springs, got them used with about 5000km on them and have put about 2500km on them since I installed them. Still sitting at the same height when empty, but at about 3/4" over stock with CO2 bottle and mount, 10b fire extinguisher and mount, one 5 gallon fuel, one 5 gallon water, shovel, 1.5 ton race jack with extension and Pelican 1440 tool box. I got them used and for an extremely good deal and I am very happy with them compared to stock. Maybe you just need to be patient with the vendors, you are not their only customer.
I'm really psyched to hear that you had a great experience with your springs. A month is a long time to wait for a reply considering it takes two minutes to write an email.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Originally Posted by bstoner59 View Post
I have Nationals on my truck and on my last truck. Deavers on the first one. Deavers sagged after a few thousand miles and they re-arched them for $485. Did not have an issue after that and have not had an issue with any Nationals. Springs sag and they need to be re-arched.

Which springs did you buy? Are you using a block in the rear or did you get a +2 or a +3? Your truck looks good to me. Springs settle after they are installed...what is the measurement you are considering as "sagging"?

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------





RPG bent the springs?

How do you know this? Did Corey tell you that? Did the person doing the install tell you they were bent? You know how hard it is to bend the springs? If they were shipped UPS I would say there is a UPS claim there because I can almost certainly tell you no one at RPG is capable of bending the springs. Even if someone is lifting leaf springs above their head and throwing them on the ground I don't think they could generate enough force to bend a set of springs. C'mon dude, the BS meter is high on this one.

I bought the national standard duty leaf springs. Maybe they do need to be re arched. I would need return communication from RPG to discuss that or any other resolution. I am not using a block as Corey told me arched springs would suffice in lieu of a block.

RPG custom arched the springs.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Originally Posted by 98infinity View Post
I had springs on my ranger crack once 15 years ago...wonder if I should blame the foundry where the steal was made, and post it on a motorcycle fourm.
You shouldn't steal. It's wrong. I hope I'm on that fourm so that I can be equally constructive.
Snowfordf150 is offline  
Old 06-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
 
bstoner59's Avatar
does it come in shmedium?

 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orange, CA
Age: 36
Posts: 6,113
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Snowfordf150 View Post
I'll take that into consideration.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------





I'm really psyched to hear that you had a great experience with your springs. A month is a long time to wait for a reply considering it takes two minutes to write an email.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------







I bought the national standard duty leaf springs. Maybe they do need to be re arched. I would need return communication from RPG to discuss that or any other resolution. I am not using a block as Corey told me arched springs would suffice in lieu of a block.



RPG custom arched the springs.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------





You shouldn't steal. It's wrong. I hope I'm on that fourm so that I can be equally constructive.


RPG isn't custom arching the springs. They would have them arched for your application but it's not like they are building them.

Again, what was the number of inches the rear has dropped and how many miles have you driven them.

I don't know how many guys know this but these springs are literally made by hand with a badass dude and a big ass hammer and anvil. This isn't old school medieval shit! There isn't any science to this and sometimes shit happens.

You aren't the fist to have to re-arch springs and you won't be the last.
bstoner59 is offline  
Old 06-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Steal, steel. Oops look at that. I could blame my phone but I'm just slow.
98infinity is offline  
Old 06-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
 
2014RubyRed's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Galesburg, IL
Age: 49
Posts: 8,779
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Default
Here - go to this forum. Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans. It's just for F150 guys. And they absolutely love fucking drama like this over there. You will get a ton of useful advice and you will be made to feel safe and righteous in your decision to flame a respected FRF vendor. Isn't it fairly obvious that you are not going to be coddled and babied here?

Seriously though, you found your way here, but didn't take the time to research what was probably the better spring for you to get? How did you come up with the name WSI? And on another serious note, it may be a little difficult in the future to get anything from a vendor around here after that hatchet job you did on RPG. We are all competitors, but we also watch out for each other and step in to help whenever it is needed. RPG has't responded to this shit-show, and for good reason. What could they possibly say that would make you feel better?

Just go over to the F150 Forum. They are more suited to handle your type.......
Lynxs961 likes this.
2014RubyRed is offline  
Old 06-01-2016, 07:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
 
upscrazy8's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: tennessee
Age: 41
Posts: 1,078
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default
or put some 22'some on it
NC Raptor likes this.


__________________
TRR13-check, HITH13&14-check, Havoc15-check, Red Desert Run15-check, Snoball II&III-check, Snoball IV-pending, Smky Mtn Run14-check, ARDD14-check
upscrazy8 is offline  
Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 32
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by bstoner59 View Post
RPG isn't custom arching the springs. They would have them arched for your application but it's not like they are building them.

Again, what was the number of inches the rear has dropped and how many miles have you driven them.

I don't know how many guys know this but these springs are literally made by hand with a badass dude and a big ass hammer and anvil. This isn't old school medieval shit! There isn't any science to this and sometimes shit happens.

You aren't the fist to have to re-arch springs and you won't be the last.
1.2" on the left side. 1.5" on the right. Install was 4 months ago. Truck has 10,000 miles on it now. I've probably driven 4-5k miles in those 4 months.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Originally Posted by 2014RubyRed View Post
Here - go to this forum. Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans. It's just for F150 guys. And they absolutely love fucking drama like this over there. You will get a ton of useful advice and you will be made to feel safe and righteous in your decision to flame a respected FRF vendor. Isn't it fairly obvious that you are not going to be coddled and babied here?

Seriously though, you found your way here, but didn't take the time to research what was probably the better spring for you to get? How did you come up with the name WSI? And on another serious note, it may be a little difficult in the future to get anything from a vendor around here after that hatchet job you did on RPG. We are all competitors, but we also watch out for each other and step in to help whenever it is needed. RPG has't responded to this shit-show, and for good reason. What could they possibly say that would make you feel better?

Just go over to the F150 Forum. They are more suited to handle your type.......
I could go to F150 forum but they are not as excitable as all of you and where is the fun in that?
Snowfordf150 is offline  
Old 06-01-2016, 08:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
 
Bulletnjm's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6,299
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Hang around a little longer maybe you could end up on the same island as @Rated R LOL!
Aaron313 likes this.

Last edited by Bulletnjm; 06-01-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Bulletnjm is offline  
Old 06-01-2016, 08:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
 
2014RubyRed's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Galesburg, IL
Age: 49
Posts: 8,779
Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Default
I knew the truths of all of your worthless bullshit issues were going to come out eventually. Just another fucking troll trying to get us all worked up.

Another thread to go in the shitcan from here........
bstoner59 likes this.
2014RubyRed is offline  
Old 06-01-2016, 08:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 32
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by upscrazy8 View Post
or put some 22'some on it
First piece of decent advice I've received on this forum.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Originally Posted by 2014RubyRed View Post
I knew the truths of all of your worthless bullshit issues were going to come out eventually. Just another fucking troll trying to get us all worked up.

Another thread to go in the shitcan from here........
I actually have a legitimate claim. And by the way you are an idiot.
Snowfordf150 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Tags
national, rpg

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leaf springs 1stSFG Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 37 07-01-2015 08:26 PM
Leaf Springs trapshooter Want to Buy 18 09-21-2014 03:39 PM
wsi leaf springs tbone Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 23 10-30-2013 10:12 AM
OEM Leaf Springs willis68 Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 0 08-26-2012 03:14 AM
RPG's "Stage 3 Kit": National Spring Leaf Springs BigJ Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1] 33 03-15-2012 12:06 AM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum