Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Beware of RPG and National Leaf Springs

This is a discussion on Beware of RPG and National Leaf Springs within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
I had springs on my ranger crack once 15 years ago...wonder if I should blame the foundry where the steal ...

User Tag List

Like Tree50Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2016, 06:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I had springs on my ranger crack once 15 years ago...wonder if I should blame the foundry where the steal was made, and post it on a motorcycle fourm.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

I have a set of National HD +3 springs, got them used with about 5000km on them and have put about 2500km on them since I installed them. Still sitting at the same height when empty, but at about 3/4" over stock with CO2 bottle and mount, 10b fire extinguisher and mount, one 5 gallon fuel, one 5 gallon water, shovel, 1.5 ton race jack with extension and Pelican 1440 tool box. I got them used and for an extremely good deal and I am very happy with them compared to stock. Maybe you just need to be patient with the vendors, you are not their only customer.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Kaiser Söze

Mentioned: 310 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
Spam.... @KaiserM715
As he is not trying to sell 500 iPads or 25 cellphones, this is not spam.

Originally Posted by Bulletnjm View Post
Doesnt sound like RPG to me, sounds like national springs are at fault. Which isnt surprising given there reputation
I might be mistaken, but it is my understanding that National Spring is no longer in business.
Is National Spring still in Business? | race-deZert

'04 MazdaSpeed Miata
'67 Jeep Kaiser M715 - sold
Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition . . . it's YOUR Public Land!
Old 06-01-2016, 06:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

@Snowford150 use this as an excuse to buy some leafs from @WSI.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)

Originally Posted by KaiserM715 View Post
As he is not trying to sell 500 iPads or 25 cellphones, this is not spam.

I might be mistaken, but it is my understanding that National Spring is no longer in business.
Is National Spring still in Business? | race-deZert
I am not sure as RPG still has National listed as the brand of leaf spring they sell other than deaver Rear Leaf Springs - RPG Offroad
Old 06-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

Kaiser Söze

Mentioned: 310 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Bulletnjm View Post
I am not sure as RPG still has National listed as the brand of leaf spring they sell other than deaver Rear Leaf Springs - RPG Offroad
I have heard they are closed from several reliable sources, unless they have recently reopened.

'04 MazdaSpeed Miata
'67 Jeep Kaiser M715 - sold
Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition . . . it's YOUR Public Land!
Old 06-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)

Originally Posted by KaiserM715 View Post
I have heard they are closed from several reliable sources, unless they have recently reopened.
I also remember reading the rumors of national springs closing on FRF. OP said they are national springs, are you inferring RPG took over national? i am confused lol
Old 06-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #18 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

I had a good experience with @RPG and I bought deavers, they installed them and they are still at the same height and ive been offroad and loaded the box with concrete blocks weighing over 1500lbs twice. You bought cheap springs in my opinion and you should not of lifted your raptor that way, just my 0.02
debordj likes this.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

National in El Cajon isn't closed, according to their front desk greeting they're helping other customers so please leave a message: (619) 258-2724
CoronaRaptor likes this.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

does it come in shmedium?

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)

Default Beware of RPG and National Leaf Springs
I have Nationals on my truck and on my last truck. Deavers on the first one. Deavers sagged after a few thousand miles and they re-arched them for $485. Did not have an issue after that and have not had an issue with any Nationals. Springs sag and they need to be re-arched.

Which springs did you buy? Are you using a block in the rear or did you get a +2 or a +3? Your truck looks good to me. Springs settle after they are installed...what is the measurement you are considering as "sagging"?

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Snowfordf150 View Post
Actually vendors need to be held responsible for bad behavior regardless of my choice in lift kit or lack of reputation on fordraptorforum.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

RPG bent the springs and sold me the part. Even if it were Nationals fault RPG should make an effort to mediate and resolve the situation.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I still thought this would be relevant in a forum about aftermarket parts where folks were likely shopping at RPG.

RPG bent the springs?

How do you know this? Did Corey tell you that? Did the person doing the install tell you they were bent? You know how hard it is to bend the springs? If they were shipped UPS I would say there is a UPS claim there because I can almost certainly tell you no one at RPG is capable of bending the springs. Even if someone is lifting leaf springs above their head and throwing them on the ground I don't think they could generate enough force to bend a set of springs. C'mon dude, the BS meter is high on this one.
Closed Thread