Best Suspension Mods for Daily Driven Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some questions:

1. I want to level the truck out when I get it in, what's the best setup for this? Middle perch, top perch? Smaller rear block? Deavers? What's the best setup to level the truck. I'm going to be getting 17" Methods & use stock tires, so rubbing will not be an issue.

2. Do I need to worry about bending the frame at all if it won't see much off-roading? If so what's a nice little setup for peace of mind?

3. Is there any things that can be done to fix any issues with handling on the streets?

4. Anything that you can think of for a daily driven, light off-roading Raptor would be much appreciated. I'm not looking for extreme mods, just things that would enhance & tweak it to have better drivability. Thanks.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the beauty of the Raptor is that it's so damn capable off road from the factory with excellent on-road manners for a 1/2 ton truck. the point is that i would direct your money elsewhere if it's going to be your DD. I'd say go middle perch, and leave the rest alone. spend some money on a bumper or some lights instead! "light" off roading by the definition of the word will not bend your frame.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to keep the stock bumpers & paint them to match my paint along with the fenders, handles, & mirrors. I'm looking at exhaust as well. Nothing crazy though.

So middle perch would make it level? I was thinking middle perch, but unsure if I had to do something to the rear. Also these streets are shit in New Orleans so that's pretty much the "off-roading" I'll be doing.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCab. I ordered the Screw, then went back to the dealership & changed it to a Scab for the sportier look.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only driven SCrews, but you'll probably like your SCab, alot, with the factory setup.

Only input I'd have regarding the middle perch adjustment of the front suspension: it probably increases stress on the half-shafts and CV joints, somewhat.

Bending the frame is something that could happen in daily driving use. Both styles of Raptor have payload rating greatly reduced from the other F150s. The reduced ratings stem from the pliable leaf-springs and the awful shelves on the lift blocks. Raptors only have a couple inches of rear suspension uptravel.

SCabs are rated around 930 lbs maximum payload; SCrew only 1,030 lbs or so. Try to keep the weight down and your Raptor should be fine. Maybe watch the threads and see what's working for other owners over the next year or two?

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i was looking at all the different routes people go for suspension. I was just seeing which route is best for daily driven, garage queens. I just want it level & if any handling improvements can be had for a decent price I'll consider them.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guys gave you great advise. Middle perch or leave stock . Look around on here there are some great posts regarding perch adjustment . I am running middle perch and I am very happy .As a note on the alignment after perch adjustment; I was maxed out on some of the adjustment points and not sure if I had went to top perch if I would have had the travel on the adjustment points to get things where they needed to be.
As far as on road with the stock BFG's the Raptor corners like it is on rails for a half ton truck . The 7 inch wider stance is awesome. Roundabouts at speeds you should not be doing is in your future , if you choose to .
Off road: especially with the new front diff and in off road mode in 4 low , is more then enough to get you in trouble as this truck will inspire almost to much confidence for those who are just casual off roaders . Have fun man and put your money into some of the other mods.

Last edited:

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Deadeye said is on the money. I am consistently amazed at how well this truck handles stock. If you're not going to be doing a lot of off-road driving then there's no point to upgrade, spend your money elsewhere.

~BGM