Bed Load and Sagging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cthomaschase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Don't have my truck yet, but I wanted to get some idea about how my screw is gonna handle weight in the bed. I typically haul a dirt bike (~300 lbs), a few gallons of petrol and gear back and forth to the desert.

How much sag should i expect from a load like this, or more? In older trucks I've used airbag systems to handle extra rear load, not even sure if that's an option or necessary on the Raptor.

Charles

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with 400-600 pounds I don't think you would see much.

Last weekend I pulled a 1400lb tandem trailer with 2400lbs of steel on it and it dropped the back about an inch or more. Front end was lighter, but not too bad. This suspension is pretty soft, kinda like a Lincoln towncar, lol.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Its nothing that would worry you looking at it from the side. The ride will be a little stiffer with the shocks pushed down in the second set of valving, which is good so bumps wont bottom you out.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've used airbag systems to handle extra rear load...

That reminds me of a drunken night at a bar that no longer exists...

But on to your question, I've only pulled about 4,200 pounds with the Raptor and I'd have to agree with the above, in which the rear only dropped about an inch or two. Plenty of power and I was very comfortable in the mountains of Pennsylvania.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you put weight in the back, expect oncoming traffic to flash their lights as it will appear you got your high beams on-- the inch rise makes a difference..

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
you put weight in the back, expect oncoming traffic to flash their lights as it will appear you got your high beams on-- the inch rise makes a difference..

yes i have gotten flashed literally 50+ times in a month since i have adjusted my shox to the top perch(same idea as you're saying essentially). when i pull up behind people at night they usually look all bent out of shape and cover their rear view with their hand because it's blinding them.

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i have gotten flashed literally 50+ times in a month since i have adjusted my shox to the top perch(same idea as you're saying essentially). when i pull up behind people at night they usually look all bent out of shape and cover their rear view with their hand because it's blinding them.

I know this all too well from my last truck. One time I was behind some smartass kids that were upset about my lights in their mirrors. They decided to put it in reverse to try I guess to scare me. That little toyota was not intimidating so I then turned on my Daylighters and made the inside of that car glow. :shocked:

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauled back my snowmobile back home which is about 450-500lbs plus a ton of other junk for 400km. Probably had about 700lbs in the back. No issues once I adjust the headlights. It was probably 2-3 inches of sag, just slightly lower on the back end than the front. Ride was fine on the gravel/dirt highway.