Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Ball Joint replacements

This is a discussion on Ball Joint replacements within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Mine had to be pressed in...

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #21 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Mine had to be pressed in

All The Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:33 AM   #22 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 565 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by RangerRob View Post
Are you guys sure K500193 is the correct part number? I ordered two from Rock Auto, pulled the stock BJ out and the MOOG joint slides right up into the arm and there's a little wiggle room in there. It should fit tight and have to be pressed back in. Definitely not the case with the MOOG joints I received. The boxes they were in both have K500193 on them too.
Got any pictures?

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor
November Pay It Forward Event!

2012 SCREW | NIGHT RAPTOR Revolution Wrap | RPG Stage 4+, Black Tie-rods, Prerunner 1.0 UCA, Steering Res | AMB LED Light Kit | Raptor Retrofit HIDs w/ Amber Ring | Hefty Fabworks Skid Plates | ADD ABS Guard | Recon 10500lb Winch w/ Factor55 | Whelen LEDs | WSI FE Mount | Extang Solidfold | Weathertech Liners | PDP Flaps | TYT9000VHF Radio |
I love Raptorwifey
Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:12 AM   #23 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Are you guys sure K500193 is the correct part number? I ordered two from Rock Auto, pulled the stock BJ out and the MOOG joint slides right up into the arm and there's a little wiggle room in there. It should fit tight and have to be pressed back in. Definitely not the case with the MOOG joints I received. The boxes they were in both have K500193 on them too.
I checked 2 sites and this is the correct part number. Is the part number stamped on the bottom of the ball joints? They should have to be pressed in. Are the sides splined like these AC Delco ones?

If they don't fit snugly, I would give Moog a call 888-406-2330
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
KaiserM715 and Yukon Joe like this.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #24 (permalink)

Kaiser Söze

Mentioned: 308 Post(s)

Are you guys sure K500193 is the correct part number?
I checked the Moog site and they list this number specifically for the Raptor. The other F150s are a different part number, K500008.

Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
I checked 2 sites and this is the correct part number. Is the part number stamped on the bottom of the ball joints? They should have to be pressed in. Are the sides splined like these AC Delco ones?
From the pic on Moog's site, they are not splined.
Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
If they don't fit snugly, I would give Moog a call 888-406-2330
+1

'04 MazdaSpeed Miata
'67 Jeep Kaiser M715 - sold
Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition . . . it's YOUR Public Land!
KaiserM715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #25 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm gonna try getting an OEM joint from Ford to see if it will fit tight into the arm. Only other thing I can think is maybe the bj cup stretched some when I pressed out the old joint. I'll be really pissed if I have to replace the LCA.

'12 Tux Black SCAB, RPG susp., Glassworks front glass & liners, BajaDesigns 60" OnX6/44" Onx/20" Stealth/XL Pros/amber S2s, MagHytec cvr, PA trans pan, Lowrance HDS5, Kenwood radio, SDHQ dbl shear knuckle gussetts/Doubler Plates/brake lines/ABS & Vac. guards, custom bumpers, 37" BFG KRTs on Candy Red Method NVs, Kooks LTs, MagnaPack, 5-Star tune, Raptor Retrofits
RangerRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:59 PM   #26 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Mil T View Post
Been there done that one. That's actually was my first idea of the noise but I knew I had already replaced the aluminum ones to the Chrome moly ones. I checked all the bolts that the upper mount uses but they were all tight.
I'm going to pull the entire front suspension on both sides off and inspect it with a fine tooth comb. I don't think it is the sudden drop return of the shock after a small bump clunk that is typical of the 3.0 shocks. I know what that sounds like.
Thanks again for the ideas.
Sorry I realize this is an older post but I was reading about our situation and I have an identical problem. Sound comes from both sides but is a lot louder and more frequent on the passenger side. I was wondering if you have figured out what the clunk was for sure. Im having a hard time believing that this is the shock sound, I'm thinking ball joints also as everything is fairly new except LCA and UCA. I also have the 3.0. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ratpatator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm putting in the MOOG BJ's and new tie rods this weekend as well as cleaning out and re-lubing the IWE and hub area. I'll post up on the results. Hopefully, I can get it done soon enough to knock out the alignment also. I think my front end is 2inches higher than it was the last time I got an alignment so got a little issue there.

UPDATE

Got the ball joints and tie rods replaced and did the second torquing today.
90% of the noise is gone now. Definitely, have some other things going on but I'm not feeling anything thru the steering associated with the noises. Most of the noise sounds like loose skids and noise from the rear. At least now I can hear the noise though.

My passenger side IWE is messed up though. No metal shavings but had good old Colorado granite sand packed in it. Cleaned and regreased for now but it is on the list for replacing as well as hubs.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/image...ine=1371963757

Last edited by Grunzen; 02-07-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Grunzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:48 AM   #28 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Could a bad/worn ball joint or bushing in the control arm be the root of a clunk sound when traversing very shallow abrupt level changes on and off road?
40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:10 PM   #29 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Could be a upper one also. I know the right upper is smoked and makes all kinds of noise.

All The Way is offline   Reply With Quote