GEN 1 "Any long term" reviews on the icon rxt leaf springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramathorn178

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know they havent been out for a super long time but, im trying to get a little more info and some opinions on them before i plop down the coin on a set or go deaver +2. Seems like i can only find initial impressions on them.

D

Deleted member 12951

I've actually only have used them for 3 months so far because I haven't had my truck for 3 months. I went on one raptor run with them and the rest has been half highway and city. The ones I had before I did notice a slight improvement but plastic spacers were coming out and started to separate.

I've noticed even more of an improvement over what I had but I also got the whole RXT system. Staying together and no issues. I like how the RXT leafs come with a Add-a-Leaf so you can have 3 different options and can change it around whenever you want. Leave it like it comes, remove a leaf or add another. I added the leaf and with the weight in the back it just soaks up the terrain.

I don't have a real long longevity with them but so far I am extremely pleased. Will put them to their ultimate test when I go to Baja in May for a 1000 miles and 3000 miles of highway.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear they work well but no real feedback on springs alone. If you go with deavers consider the +3 option that is my choice and getting them shortly. Who knows maybe someone will say their first hand comparison deavers vs icon will sway me to the txt.

level-4

Reaction score
Any updates on these, I'm considering these and the Deaver +2. I'm matching them up with a set of progressive fronts springs and stock springs.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Any updates on these, I'm considering these and the Deaver +2. I'm matching them up with a set of progressive fronts springs and stock springs.

Just an FYI but if you plan on a chase rack or extra weight in the bed, go with Deaver +3. I went with Deaver +2 and with my chase rack I sag more than I like in the rear.

Deaver is going to re-arch to +3 and add a load leaf for me next week.

level-4

Reaction score
Just an FYI but if you plan on a chase rack or extra weight in the bed, go with Deaver +3. I went with Deaver +2 and with my chase rack I sag more than I like in the rear.

Deaver is going to re-arch to +3 and add a load leaf for me next week.

Thanks. I'll be towing an Airstream trailer occasionally but no plan to add chase rack.