Any comparisons of bump stop kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scubadds

Reaction score
In the market for bump stop kits, trying to read all I can; didn't know if anyone had done any comparisons of products (ADD, Outlaw or RPG)? Thanks you for any info.

Crap, I just posted this in the wrong section....sorry (I had multiple pages open)

Last edited:

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I shopped them all and ended up choosing RPG. First, I liked the overall look of their unit mounted on the truck. It is very clean and seamless. Second, I looked at performance. While the others use a 2.0 bump stop, RPG uses a 2.5. Some may say its overkill but I figured it couldn't hurt.

My truck wont see a lot of off roading but when it does I wanted to be as prepared as possible. I dont think you can go wrong with any of the manufacturers, it will come down to which one you like best.

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just started looking at them and am initially coming to the same conclusion as whisler151 for the same reasons. RPG has a great deal on their stage 3 kit if you want to get springs and bumstops in one fell swoop. Don't recall exact numbers but I think you save $300 - $400 going that route as opposed to buying piecemeal.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have just started looking at them and am initially coming to the same conclusion as whisler151 for the same reasons. RPG has a great deal on their stage 3 kit if you want to get springs and bumstops in one fell swoop. Don't recall exact numbers but I think you save $300 - $400 going that route as opposed to buying piecemeal.

Right, I didnt feel that I needed the springs so I went with the stage 2. I'm sure I will eventually want to do them.

The off road shop that did my instal was very impressed with the RPG kit.

Last edited:

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boost,
check your PM. thought i lost you a month ago.

:waytogo:

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not going to help much on comparisons, I ordered the RPG Stage 3.
It is scheduled to be here on Wednesday, the 15th.

I wonder how many RPG Stage 2 and Stage 3 kits have been sold thus far.

OP
OP
S

scubadds

Reaction score
thanks
I have spoken with 3 of the groups and they all seem to have a great product and +/-'s to each system.
I was hoping to find someone with some experience with more than one brand to contrast their experience with each.
thanks guys, great forum

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Really, I think it's just too early in the game for people to have swapped out for a different flavor of bump stop kit. It's going to take some time for people to start deciding to switch to a different one, if they even will.

Really this is the sort of thing only a magazine would have the resources to do, but I don't even know which one you would pitch the idea to. Maybe "Off Road" since they do some prerunner stuff, but I really don't know.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ +1
I mean, how does one really test these sorts of things? Measure and assess the truck, install company XX's kit, head out and beat your truck to death, uninstall, remeasure and reassess. Then rinse and repeat for each new kit? I dunno if anyone is going to be willing to go there.

Short of that, maybe talk to each vendor and get a guarantee that you can return the kit if unused and in new condition. Then get them all in your hands, lay them out across your driveway and 'compare' that way. Keep your favorite, and send the rest back? I can see that sort of thing being fairly informative.

Beyond that, I think pics and thoughts and comments already posted here are probably going to be your best resource.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really, I think it's just too early in the game for people to have swapped out for a different flavor of bump stop kit. It's going to take some time for people to start deciding to switch to a different one, if they even will.

Really this is the sort of thing only a magazine would have the resources to do, but I don't even know which one you would pitch the idea to. Maybe "Off Road" since they do some prerunner stuff, but I really don't know.

^^ +1
I mean, how does one really test these sorts of things? Measure and assess the truck, install company XX's kit, head out and beat your truck to death, uninstall, remeasure and reassess. Then rinse and repeat for each new kit? I dunno if anyone is going to be willing to go there.

Short of that, maybe talk to each vendor and get a guarantee that you can return the kit if unused and in new condition. Then get them all in your hands, lay them out across your driveway and 'compare' that way. Keep your favorite, and send the rest back? I can see that sort of thing being fairly informative.

Beyond that, I think pics and thoughts and comments already posted here are probably going to be your best resource.

Though I can't speak for the OP, I can't help but believe that he is aware that there have been no empirical testing comparisons of the various bumpstops for the Raptor at this time.

If he is thinking like I am, he is asking for opinions of the Raptor owners who have researched the differences and used their off-road experience in determining which system would best serve their expectations.
Example: Jason why did you chose RPG instead of the other offerings? Were there any design differences? Was it price (financial)?
Was it company reputation? etc?