Aligment Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to get an alignment / tire rub issue sorted out.

Truck is on mid perch with Icon UCAs. Methods with 325/70-17 Falken Wildpeaks. (All done by previous owner)

Took the truck to Havoc and Time Attack and got some pretty good tire rub under full compression. Given wheels and tire size I am not super suprised.

Now the main issue is that I am getting tire rub on the driver's side with the wheels almost to full lock turning left. Its hitting the inside of the fender flare and liner on the back side. Passenger side turning to the right is close but doesn't rub. Due to my work schedule the truck hasn't seen to many street miles after time attack.

Had an alignment done at the dealer and it didn't correct this issue (wasn't expecting a miracle).

I don't recall this rub happening (or at least this severe) prior to offroading.

Question Time

Is there some other damage done other than the alignment knocked out?

Can I get this corrected with the adjustment in the LCAs and Icon UCAs?

Will going down to a 315/70 or 305/70 (probably KO2) tire be enough to help the rub?

Ultimate goal is to be able to run the truck hard off road.

D

Deleted member 12951

I am no alignment expert but I think if you push the back LCA arm out and the front in, that will push the tire more forward and then adjust the UCA to get it aligned correctly. Is it only rubbing on the fender flare and liner or on the UCA too? You can pound those pinch welds back like guys do anyways when they go to 37's.

Perhaps @pirate air might be able to give a better insight as I might be completely wrong.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/your-raptor-its-alignment-539/

OP
OP
A

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only rubbing that bottom part of the flare and the fender liner on the back of the wheel well. Not rubbing the UCA at all

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Add more caster, that eliminated rubbing with my Method NV with 315/70/17 at mid perch. Your tires are wider so it might not eliminate it totally.

OP
OP
A

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got this taken care of for now. Went to a local place recommended by others around here.

Got the driver's side good and clear. LCA mounts are back all the way out and front all the way in. Not too much adjustment needed to get the numbers right. Clearance is now 1/2" plus where it was rubbing before and not rubbing up front.

Passenger was a little rougher. Front LCA mount front flange was a little deformed from hitting stuff off road. Got that sorted and then tried to shift the wheel forward. With the front LCA all the way in and the back all the way out we couldn't get the camber right. Top of the tire was too far out. The UCA really needed to be shorter but we were out of adjustment. Still got just enough to get things nice and clear.

If you are in Indy and need alignment done go see Patrick Moran at Indy Tire off of Allisonville Road

Now to get my mudflaps put on!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are going to be off roading a lot, I would consider hammer the pics welds, too. This will help with the full compression rub you are experiencing. May want to remove a small amount of the inner lip of the flares as well.

Good luck!!!

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adding more caster did the trick. As you I was not able to get the same max caster on both sides but was able to get enough on each side eliminate my rubbing tires.

OP
OP
A

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to be off roading a lot, I would consider hammer the pics welds, too. This will help with the full compression rub you are experiencing. May want to remove a small amount of the inner lip of the flares as well.

Good luck!!!

Thinking 3.0s and a smaller tire.