Airbags on a Raptor...Towing and Extra Cargo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ford Raptor Fans that Tow or Carry Cargo

anyone know of or seen a Raptor or F150 with airbags ?

Do you think it would be a good addition to the "softer" suspension that we all face?

Does your Truck have a rear squat issue?

would love to see some pics if possible. :waytogo:

You can PM me if you need to keep it away from the public bashing

Last edited:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No bashing from me. I've thought about this lots; I ran bags on a few trucks over the years and loved 'em.

I've heard that at least one guy did this, but he's on the Z and I'm not able to browse over there. My concern and question would be... what airbag did he find that would flex as much as the Raptor's rear would require? Or did he/she give up travel back there (limiting straps?) to make sure the deflated bag never over extended?

Subscribed. This has fallen off my radar of to do's, but I'd still be interested to learn how.

OP
OP
INI

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you direct me to the board on the other site..

there is a something being worked on now and will share once i get permission.

but what i can tell you is the "airbag" and stop will be incorporated into one package.

Some of the BEST Desert racers run this set up and are ready to take it to the consumer market.

Ford claims you can tow 7,000+ pounds and i would pay to see that with most of the

current setups. lets face it. would be nice to have the best of both worlds...

The limit straps are great. I have that already on mine..

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^Verrry interesting.

The other forum's link is www. r a p t o r f o r u m z .com (no spaces) I can't help ya from there, but I'd bet a quick search will get you the links you need.

Good luck and keep us posted!

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I've thought about doing this but using a quick disconnect for either the base or the top mount. Basically, leave it disconnected for everything except towing. That would elminate the travel issue. I think there's a company that makes a kit like that. I just haven't taken the time to research it.

OP
OP
INI

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've thought about doing this but using a quick disconnect for either the base or the top mount. Basically, leave it disconnected for everything except towing. That would elminate the travel issue. I think there's a company that makes a kit like that. I just haven't taken the time to research it.

anymore details on the setup your talking about.
sounds like your onto something ;)

PM if you would like to discuss

warrsauto

Reaction score
i have air bags ( air lift ) and procomp traction bars on mine , i load a 1200lb golf cart in the back and tow a 8000lb camper (800lb tongue ) tows grate

colecoin

Reaction score
I was wondering the same. I have thought about bags myself. I'm waiting to see how the truck tows my boat and 29 foot enclosed trailer before I do anything. I am very interested. :waytogo:

OP
OP
INI

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have air bags ( air lift ) and procomp traction bars on mine , i load a 1200lb golf cart in the back and tow a 8000lb camper (800lb tongue ) tows grate

Any pics you can share ?

Would love to see this setup.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
The firestone kit made for the F150 bolts up to our truck but does NOT work. Without the extra travel they are useless. I am very eager to hear about the setup your talking about iNi. I have yet to upgrade my rear suspension but that is fast approaching and for me load management is priority #1.