Aftermarket Tie Rods and Torn Boots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am on my second set of factory boots and really looking for a permanent solution for this. Does anyone make a neoprene boot etc?

Molten Orange from NW Indiana

OP
OP
S

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No aftermarket. ready lift ties. The heim joint were the bolt goes threw is just virtually too big to operate correctly. I can't be the only one with this issue. Unless other tie rod kits are doing something different?

Molten Orange from NW Indiana

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket ones either run the stock boot with it modified to fit. Or they don't have one at all. Like the desert guys typically do not reinstall the boot.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those desert guys can get away with murder !
No paint on welds, that'd rust in hours up here.
No drains on link pockets, etc.
No boots on steering rack, mine lasted three weeks before the drivers side output was slopped right out...

Try taking a heat gun and conforming the boot to the shape you need, they must use overkill sized heim's or something. The brenthel and RPG heim steering I've used in the past had no issues with boots.

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same issue with mine. I have alpha 1 tie rods and the driver side rips i think i am on number three. I need to fix it before winter comes around again

D

Deleted member 12951

I have finally shredded one of my rack boots, too. Any other options out there other than stock?

These:
2.0 Aluminum Shock Boot Kit

@t_j and @Kmandoske saw them as they wanted to put those on my truck when they changed my tie rods as they fit really good but I also purchased a set of new stock ones too. I carry these from SDHQ that I am showing you just incase something happens on the trail, my spare boots but would work just fine as replacements and cheaper too!