After market tie rod covers-must see!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so like many of you who installed after market tie rods I fought with cracking boots and finally gave up fooling with them all together. Then of course I worried about how this would affect my Hemis joints and how often I would need to clean and lube them. Lex Motorsports (Sponsor on here) just came out with a really great idea. These boots are some sort of tough marine grade vinyl double layered and marine grade thread (no rotting). I been running these boots about a week now and went off road in a mud bog this weekend. After cleaning under carriage I looked at my hemis and they were clean as a pin and velcro held up great with absolutely no seperation. Now you get one set of clamps to hook up but you may want a small hose clamp set for the lower end if you do a lot of off roading. OH......did I mention the best part.....these boots have velcro, albeit heavy duty (takes two strong hands to pull it appart) that allows you to install these boots WITHOUT having to remove your tie rods. Also allows you to check the Hemis joints and do any cleaning/ lubrication without removing the hardware. This is a much needed product for aftermarket tie rods and I applaud Lex Motorsports for coming up with the idea. Below you will see how these boots look after install on my Alpha1 1.5 inch tie rods, which took me a grand total of 21 minutes!

Attachments

• 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been most pleased with them. I will also say Lex Motorsports was great to work with. To me this is simply a great idea for a chronic problem.

REKIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you were mud bogging, did you submerge them? It would seem that these aren't water tight, which could allow muddy water into the area, then the cover captures it there.

I think these are pretty neat, and probably better than what else is out there, just curious on this point.

Tmesic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you were mud bogging, did you submerge them? It would seem that these aren't water tight, which could allow muddy water into the area, then the cover captures it there.

I think these are pretty neat, and probably better than what else is out there, just curious on this point.

This is just my opinion and I'm not trying to say it the final answer , just my experience.

I used to run covers on my hiems on my sand car , we have come to the conclusion that they would hold sand in them because they are not impermeable. Basically they can hold water and or dirt in and have just the opposite affect they were intended for.

Again , just my conclusion. Tim

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No these were not submerged. Obviously they would get water etc in them if I had. Here is the beauty of it. With the Velcro you can open them and do any cleaning lubrication needed. I totally cleans the under carrage with the help of a pressure washer. These are so easy to install and check it makes it pretty darn simple. This is easy protection that you can access quickly. Frankly I think it is a great idea.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been running these boots now for a week. I decided to put small clamps on the lower end to see if the velcro gets binded and is pushed/pried open. Well after just two days of driving on the highway things look liike they are staying together and remain tight. I will keep folks appraised of how they hold up with a clamp on back and front versus just the clamp in the rear (see pics). Plan to go off road Saturday to see how they hold up.