adjusting the nitrogen pressure in fox 3.0s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to improve on road ride comfort by reducing the nitrogen pressure in the front fox 3.0s? I noticed that my ride quality improved suddenly(less harsh). During a routine inspection i noticed that the remote reservoir had lost all pressure. after restoring pressure to 200 psi the ride returned to a harsher quality.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It can be very harmful to run a shock with out any nitrogen at all, or use heavily without the proper amount of nitrogen. I do not recommend running below the 200 psi mark. If you would like softer I would look into a softer valving for both rebound and compression. If you would like to swing by the shop I could change the valving and let you test it out for a bit. Also I would recommend getting the shocks check out to insure there isn't any leaking seals or damage from running with out nitrogen

-Jeff