Adjustable UCA Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good evening fellow members,
looking for some advice on what adjustable UCAs to get, getting a slot delete kit to go with. this is what i have found so far:
1in heims
Rogue
Icon
Total Chaos
1.5in heims
SVC
Outlaw Offroad
Camburg

Im leaning towards the 1.5in ones just unsure, I have 1.5in Rpg ucas that I just put new bearings in but done with getting my truck aligned every time I go offroad.

Thanks all for the help,
Jerry

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me, the Icons seem noce because the cap on the top of the uniball and the ability to make camber adjustments without removing the upper arm.

What is the need to align the truck after every offroad outing?

D

Deleted member 12951

You have an alignment shop that will spend the time to do the alignment from the UCA?

ICON and SVC, I think are the only ones that can be adjusted without having to remove them to adjust. Otherwise you are aligning, removing UCA, adjust, back on, align, off, on. Usually takes about 3 tries.

The only covered uniball I believe is the ICON and Total Chaos, so if your weather has salted roads, I think those would be the better choice.

If not and want to adjust without removing, the SVC seems to be an easier one to adjust.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JJ f150harley

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems every time i go hard offroad or in the winter with the crappy northern mi roads throws it out too. Thanks you Car and Rd for the help, i defiently want ones i can adjust on the truck so that brings it to svc and icon, and didnt know about the icon caps living in the north still i gotta consider that.

Is there a noticable difference between the 1.0 and 1.5 uniball? Will that matter much?? I have stock shocks so i dont go all out.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're having alignment issues you may want to try the alignment cams which cam in place instead of coming loose. I've had 1 alignment with RPG UCAs and its bomb proof, never been out of alignment since install.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
If you're having alignment issues the last thing I would do is add another adjustment into the mix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
+1 for the alignment cams and doubler plates. Way cheaper in the long run, you will be replacing your uniballs every year due to freezing temps killing the teflon liner in the balls ($120+ labor every year).

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to get the icons cuz i like the ability to rebuild them but when. I called icon they told me the salt on the roads will eat the uniballs up in no time. So I'm sticking to stock...70k and they need replacement vs every year.

OP
OP
JJ f150harley

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help. My issue is that i already have alignment cams and have gone through the washer part. Every time it goes in for alignment and the tech puts a ratchet on it to move the lca into position, the flat part of the washer rounds out. This has happened multiple times, and i have watched it happen as the tech doing it is a buddy of mine and he's the only one who touches my truck besides me.

I do not have the doubler plates, i was looking to add those, they just weld in right?

Well if i had to replace UCA bearings every year that is the cost of 1 alignment and to me not wearing out my tires as soon is worth that effort.

D

Deleted member 12951

What CAM kit do you have? I've upgraded to the SDHQ ones that are different than the cheaper SPC ones. The CAM kit is actually different and you get stronger longer bolts. Double-plates work with them due to being longer and strengthen the mounts. Yes, they are welded into place and then paint.