ADD Bump Stop / Frame Gusset - Why not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesertEagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys. I am slowly getting the truck set up so I can participate in some runs. I was leaning towards the RPG Stage III kit before I started reading about all of the National spring issues guys are having with them sacking out early. This has made me start leaning towards Deavers/WSI springs.

Anyhow, I've got a pretty good deal on the ADD Bump Stop and Frame Gussett Kit but I've noticed rarely anyone has it. Why? From the research I've done it looks like one of the most well made, protective kits. It would also allow me to use Deavers.

Why are there so few people that have went this route? Price is a little higher? Quality of the product? What's the catch!

D

Deleted member 12951

Ask @jlatigo
He recently had this installed. I saw the kit in person and it seems like a good one especially with the gusset which is more than most. I would go with Deavers and not WSI and leave it at that.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have had a set of WSI springs for a year now with 20k miles and 3 hard runs on them and I carry 400lbs in the back and the springs are fantastic so far!!! Never ran Deavers but, Just from what I have seen with Deavers I would go with WSI springs.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was going to get the ADD frame kit, but decided not too, because of the size of it, it appeared from my measurements that it was going to be too close to my aftermarket exhaust when installed. I don't think there is anything negative about it really, it looks like a quality piece. Good luck!

OP
OP
DesertEagle

DesertEagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to get the ADD frame kit, but decided not too, because of the size of it, it appeared from my measurements that it was going to be too close to my aftermarket exhaust when installed. I don't think there is anything negative about it really, it looks like a quality piece. Good luck!

That is one of my only concerns with this kit also. My plan is to have the Corsa Xtreme installed at the same time…but we have yet to determine if the Exhaust will work with it. Can anyone chime in on this?

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ADD is a good kit, i didn't have any clearance issues with it. stay away from the National springs, i have personally seen way to many fail. The Deavers seem to be a really god set with no known failures in the hard core off roaders i know. My opinion on why more dont use the ADD kit is the bad customer service reputation and the higher cost of the kit. saying all that i'll have my kit for sale in a couple of weeks since i'm going with an all Rogue Racing set up.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There has been some Deavers that have sacked out if I'm not mistaken. I have seen the ADD kit and it is a nice looking/well built kit for sure.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive have the WSI HD springs for over 30K miles on GLRE-001. Zero issues with the springs and the ride is incredible on and offroad. This is the GLRE Lead truck that preruns every event.

Also have a set of WSI SD springs on GLRE-1.5 for over 15k miles. Again Zero issue with incredible ride

GLRE-00 also has a set of WSI HD Springs with a lot of miles (over 25k) and zero issues.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love my WSI HD leafs so far all though it's been maybe 1000 miles. The difference is immediately noticeable from stock and Jimmy recently fixed the issue where it hits the frame support kits by removing the clip that was rubbing.

No issues with my RPG frame/bumpstop kit FYI