-44 offset, UCA's and fender rubbing..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drummermike58

Reaction score
I decided here vs the wheel thread to post this.

I am running a -44 offset 22" wheel with 35+ Nitto Trail Grapplers and, as expected, get some fender rub in the back of the fender wells at anything past 1.5 turns of the steering wheel. This might be cured (or at least made a bit better) by caster adjustment. I am on the top perch, and have researched what I can to find a solution. I have seen the ICON UCAs that suggest caster adjustment, but wanted to see if any other options might prove a suitable solution for the condition. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1606.jpg
    IMG_1606.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 138
D

Deleted member 12951

ICON makes one of the best UCA. For better adjustability, the SVC is good too. Camburg's have a high set caster too. I personally have the Rogue heim ones and they put caster at around 7.0

But an UCA is not going to fix the problem. The only thing to fix this is to start over and get some 17-18" wheels with a 0 offset.

But I am just here for the :popcorn: as you need to get prepared for a bonfire of flaming coming your way.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fender chop. Probably would be a good idea to go ahead and get UCAs though. Because I have a feeling those stock ball joints won't last very long

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

You could always get the fab tech 4 inch lift...

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We got some great prices on Boatec +2 fenders and ADD Inner Liners going right now. Cut and hammer the pinch welds. You'll be ok on the street with that setup. Let me know if we can help with anything else.

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the same issue corrected on my truck. It had Icon UCAs from the previous owner and 325/70-17 tires on it.

Driver's side went from rubbing to almost 1/2 of gap. I stayed close to factory specs by using the adjustment on the LCAs to shift the wheel forward and then catching the alignment with the UCAs

OP
OP
D

drummermike58

Reaction score
-44? 22" welcome to the coveted seat of most hated man on frf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha that's awesome for my first post!

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

22"?! Do you take it off-roading much? How does it ride with 22s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't which is what prompted my decision to basically mall crawl. Northern va doesn't offer much in the way of wheeling. Ive retained my factory wheels and tires if I ever do get a weekend away to do so. It rides just a shade tighter without the added sidewall of factory tire dimensions, but certainly quite comfortable on the road.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

ICON makes one of the best UCA. For better adjustability, the SVC is good too. Camburg's have a high set caster too. I personally have the Rogue heim ones and they put caster at around 7.0

But an UCA is not going to fix the problem. The only thing to fix this is to start over and get some 17-18" wheels with a 0 offset.

But I am just here for the :popcorn: as you need to get prepared for a bonfire of flaming coming your way.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look at the icons and camburgs.

As far as flaming goes, nothing fuels the fire like a little butt hurt... Unfortunately I'm all out of fuel.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got some great prices on Boatec +2 fenders and ADD Inner Liners going right now. Cut and hammer the pinch welds. You'll be ok on the street with that setup. Let me know if we can help with anything else.

So Ruby, where is that damn price from Boatec lol ?? :********: