Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

3.0s installed

This is a discussion on 3.0s installed within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Well, got the fox 3.0s delivered and installed. Took some time, but I'd like to thank Crown Offroad for their ...

User Tag List

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2016, 01:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default 3.0s installed
Well, got the fox 3.0s delivered and installed. Took some time, but I'd like to thank Crown Offroad for their customer service through the purchase. I appreciate their patience when dealing with my lack thereof. Fox was slammed. What can you do. The guys at Crown kept in contact with them consistantly, and gave me updates even when there was no news, and I appreciated that.

So far very happy with them. I installed the coilovers first as those were the first to arrive. This made a HUGE difference. Mostly because my stock shocks were shot. I mean badly. Either way, I can tell that they are significantly more confidence inspiring offroad than stock, even though I've only had one chance to test them offroad.
As far as the rears, I just installed them Friday, and haven't put too many miles on them yet. Especially off road. I have however noticed that they seem to kick back a bit when hitting swooping bumps. The shocks have the QAB adjusters, and both compression valves as well as the rebound valve were set about 10 clicks from closed. Each has 30 clicks. Just so that I could observe any differences, I opened all adjusters to full open. Kick back is a bit worse. Thought it might be the rebound not being dampened enough, but they were delivered with that bypass 2/3 closed and I still noticed it. Haven't fully closed it yet. Might try that next to see difference. It's nothing crazy, and doesn't kick the tailend out or anything. I'm not complaining. I'm just feeling the difference, and trying to figure out these monsters. Anybody have any advice or experience to offer? Would be much appreciated.

Hardpack26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

i feel the same thing. i am dealing with a donkey kick issue and sacked out Deavers, so i have to wait till they are fixed for proper tuning. my shocks have 28 total clicks also not 30. that is strange

2013 SCREW -RPG Prerunner bumper - Mid Perch - MBRP turndown -M&R 30", and 40" LED bars - Truxedo truxsport - LineX Bed liner - TMX bed supports - RPG power steering reservoir - Herculined rear wheel wells - Method Mesh wheels - KHC undercover tire rack - SVC bump stop system - Deaver +2 springs - KHC race rear bumper - vision X 4.5 light cannons on SDHQ hood mounts - KC cyclone rear lights - SDHQ ABS guardsWaiting for more!
LONGISLANDRAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote