3.0 coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slorichie

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Raptor on mid perch with 18x9, 35x12.50 toyo, -12 offset. My tire rubs at almost full turn on bumbs and backing up turning. i measured hub to fender, and I'm at 25.25. if i go with a 3.0 coilovers and adjust to 26.5" hub to fender flare will i not rub, does anyone have this combo? i want to avoid trimming fender liner and hammering over the pinch weld if possible.

Thanks

20161110_154400%202_zpsh7ugircy.jpg

20161110_154334_zpsk2t33xth.jpg

Last edited:

highpowernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not an expert, but I believe the offset is where your problem is.
Usually rubbing isn't a problem with 35x12.5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The best way to avoiding rubbing will be to hammer the pinch welds. It really isn't that big of a deal. Prime and paint them and reinstall the liner. Use some self tappers to keep the liners up tight. If you are rubbing on the fender itself, then you will need to do some trimming there as well. 3.0's are going to move the tire away from these areas under compression.....

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wheels stick out too far. Buying new wheels with 0 to positive offset will fix your problem with zero trimming.

OP
OP
S

Slorichie

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The truck see the sand dunes im 5 minutes away from Oceano (pismo dunes) snow a few times/ year also, no heavy off roading (jumping). I read the top perch puts the truck at 27" and that is where binding starts, leveling kit is out of the question, because of to much drop and binding. I'm going to try the 3.0 coilovers and then trim the pinch weld if needed. I'll report back. I still have stock rims and tires if I spend the week at the dunes.

Thanks
Richie

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The truck see the sand dunes im 5 minutes away from Oceano (pismo dunes) snow a few times/ year also, no heavy off roading (jumping). I read the top perch puts the truck at 27" and that is where binding starts, leveling kit is out of the question, because of to much drop and binding. I'm going to try the 3.0 coilovers and then trim the pinch weld if needed. I'll report back. I still have stock rims and tires if I spend the week at the dunes.

Thanks

Richie

I live in SLO. Hit me up and we'll go out sometime. There are a few other guys on here that live close by. @Trick_Raptor @FordFanStan

Matt

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar rubbing issue with 325/70/17 and Methods.

My solution was to push the wheel forward using the alignment slots. My truck has Icon UCAs on it so I could get it aligned again. You need a good alignment guy who understands how to to do this.

I am also on mid perch with stock shocks. I do still get rubbing under full comperession on the fender flare on the top.