GEN 1 2017 raptor shocks on 2013??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a set on eBay brand new pretty much, in sure there is another page on them if so sorry I looked for 30 minutes.

But can I run gen 2 shocks on my gen 1 no issues?? Thanks guys!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a set on eBay brand new pretty much, in sure there is another page on them if so sorry I looked for 30 minutes.

But can I run gen 2 shocks on my gen 1 no issues?? Thanks guys!

If the size and bolt pattern are the same I would send it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is no. The length or stroke is different I think. Otherwise I would have bought those also. I have been watching those on eBay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamared

Reaction score
anyone have the length to compare the 2? also interested in the bolt size for the swap.

Someone has to have this already figured out if they will work or for sure they will not work.....

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have the length to compare the 2? also interested in the bolt size for the swap.

Someone has to have this already figured out if they will work or for sure they will not work.....
It'd save me a lot of time and money if so!

bamared

Reaction score
agree..... probably the best info would come from the guys that rebuild all this stuff.. damn expensive Tasca list the front for 450 each, and rear for 550 or so each for 2010 still......

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agree..... probably the best info would come from the guys that rebuild all this stuff.. damn expensive Tasca list the front for 450 each, and rear for 550 or so each for 2010 still......

I already spoke to a few companies that rebuild the Gen 1 shocks and they said they wont be into rebuilding the gen 2 shocks for a few years as Ford will warranty the stock shocks and replace.

I have been looking into 17 shocks on a 13.

-A few Issues I have found, the 17 shock will not bolt in up front as the frame mounted spot will notwork with the 17 front shock

-The springs are rated for the lighter 17 model, so heavier rate springs would be needed on a gen 1

-Both front and rear shocks on the gen 2 are longer then a Gen 1 so you will not be in the optimal range of the bypass, and the zoning will be off. There is a thread already about this in the Gen 2 section.