2013 Screw needs suspension maintenance/mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dang472

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just picked up my first Raptor. Black 2013 screw with 50K miles completely stock. Future tire setup will be 37s and pretty moderate off-road, realistically mostly street miles. I originally planned on mid perch with stock springs and staying with 35s, but I've be reading a bunch about the Geiser progressives. I want to rebuild all the shocks and level out the truck plus have room for 37s and maybe help with towing.

My preliminary plan is mid perch with Geisers and Deaver +3s while rebuilding the stock Foxs. I might get Deaver to add a leaf or change the rate a bit because I occasionally tow a skid steer trailer. It wasn't that bad in stock trim, I just moved the machine back about a foot to take some tongue weight off.

Is there anything wrong with this setup? Am I missing any weak links that should be replaced while I'm doing all this stuff? Would a bump stop kit do me a lot of good? I don't see myself bombing through the desert but I do run it through a lot of hunting land.
Thanks guys and gals, I've already learned a ton from this forum. Dan

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just picked up my first Raptor. Black 2013 screw with 50K miles completely stock. Future tire setup will be 37s and pretty moderate off-road, realistically mostly street miles. I originally planned on mid perch with stock springs and staying with 35s, but I've be reading a bunch about the Geiser progressives. I want to rebuild all the shocks and level out the truck plus have room for 37s and maybe help with towing.

My preliminary plan is mid perch with Geisers and Deaver +3s while rebuilding the stock Foxs. I might get Deaver to add a leaf or change the rate a bit because I occasionally tow a skid steer trailer. It wasn't that bad in stock trim, I just moved the machine back about a foot to take some tongue weight off.

Is there anything wrong with this setup? Am I missing any weak links that should be replaced while I'm doing all this stuff? Would a bump stop kit do me a lot of good? I don't see myself bombing through the desert but I do run it through a lot of hunting land.
Thanks guys and gals, I've already learned a ton from this forum. Dan

You should be OK with that setup.
You will probably want to hit up @Rookie to get you squared away and to get some R1 Concept brakes on order to put some stopping power in front of that skid steer.

Vote for your favorite pic
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/january-2017-calendar-vote-46906/
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

OP
OP
D

dang472

Reaction score
I really don't want to base my setup on the towing aspect. I don't tow the skid steer more than 25 miles round trip and maybe 10 times a year. I've read that mid perch with Geisers is close to top perch/stock springs but I don't like the nose high look that some have with top perch. I figured the +3 leafs would look a little better and I might get some trailer tongue weight help as a bonus.