-1" Deavers and mid-perch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with that set up? I've read lots of threads about 2+ and 3+, but would like to get the +1 springs and remove the blocks and go to mid perch. Any binding issues I need to be aware of?

DP

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
DP, any reason you wouldn't go +2, which is stock height since you're removing the block?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Removing the rear block and +1 you might get drivetrain vibration, why not do +2 with a drop an adjustable drop shackle?

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DP, any reason you wouldn't go +2, which is stock height since you're removing the block?

I'm looking to get the back end down, actually. I've read a number of positive reviews on the +1s without the block and am mostly concerned about binding at mid perch. If mid is not do-able I will be happy at the lower perch.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

With -1 and removing the block you'd have about 1/2" of up travel before you hit the bump stops.

Edit: I misread your post. I'd be switching to hydraulic bumps as well

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Removing the rear block and +1 you might get drivetrain vibration, why not do +2 with a drop an adjustable drop shackle?

I've thought about it but thought I'd explore all my options.

DP

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking to get the back end down, actually. I've read a number of positive reviews on the +1s without the block and am mostly concerned about binding at mid perch. If mid is not do-able I will be happy at the lower perch.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

I have never heard anyone say this is the case. I have read many positive reviews on the +1 springs with the factory block removed. No where in any of the deaver reviews on the +1 spring is this ever mentioned. Is this a first hand account or are you just theorizing?

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

I've thought about it but thought I'd explore all my options.

DP

Your post reads "-1 deavers"

Not +1 Deaver.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
If your wanting to drop the rear an inch, we would reccomend using the +2 leafs and using a 1" drop shackle (we can supply both) Pinion angles would have to be measured and you would most likely need to shim the leafs/axle to acheive proper pinion angle. You would not have any issues on mid-perch.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just a heads up about drop shackles with Deavers. I've had personal experience and experienced a significant decrease in ride quality with the drop shackles on my Deaver +2's.

I bought my leafs DIRECTLY through Deavers main headquarters in Santa Ana. Talked to Jeff and the guys about +1's but he said they don't really make them anymore. He suggested doing +2's and a drop shackle. Once they were installed, they mentioned to watch out for the ride quality. It felt decent but seemed choppy, like something wasn't quite right. They said to come back and they'd put the stock shackles back on if I wanted. So I did. What a big difference! The +2's were so much better without the drop shackles.

I personally throw some weight in the back of the bed to drop the rear. I even just got some sandbags and threw them back there and threw a black cover over it to hide it. I actually like the ride better with weight in the bed, feels more planted to the ground! And with the sandbags, you can very easily mess with the height at any time!

Hope my experience can help you guys out