1.5 Upper Control Arms w/ Stock Beadlocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an upper control arm with 1.5" uniballs that will work with the stock beadlocks?

I'd really like to keep the stock wheels and I'd prefer to go with 1.5" uniballs...

Thanks in advance!

NC Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there an upper control arm with 1.5" uniballs that will work with the stock beadlocks?

I'd really like to keep the stock wheels and I'd prefer to go with 1.5" uniballs...

Thanks in advance!

None of the 1.5"s, to my knowledge, work completely stock.

However if you stay at a ~12.5 wide tire you can use SVC arms with just a 1/4in spacer; and you don't have to worry about the typical problems with wheel spacers.

The 1/4in spacer is so small that it leaves more than enough thread; and because the hub snout protrudes more than a 1/4in, your wheel still essentially acts as hubcentric, with the hub snout centering the wheel and supporting some of the load.

Better yet, do what I'm about to do and get some Method Roosts, they are hubcentric on the Raptor and will save you almost 40 lbs in rotating mass! The equivalent of taking something like ~300-400lbs out of your chassis.

OP
OP
thearizonacowboy

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the 1.5"s, to my knowledge, work completely stock.

However if you stay at a ~12.5 wide tire you can use SVC arms with just a 1/4in spacer; and you don't have to worry about the typical problems with wheel spacers.

The 1/4in spacer is so small that it leaves more than enough thread; and because the hub snout protrudes more than a 1/4in, your wheel still essentially acts as hubcentric, with the hub snout centering the wheel and supporting some of the load.

Better yet, do what I'm about to do and get some Method Roosts, they are hubcentric on the Raptor and will save you almost 40 lbs in rotating mass! The equivalent of taking something like ~300-400lbs out of your chassis.

Thanks for all the information. Unfortunately I just can't run spacers no matter how small. It just doesn't seem to be the "right" way to do things. And regarding the roosts, those sure are sweet but I'm looking to stay with a beadlock wheel for the extra insurance. Thanks for your info!