Report of new RPG System on my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, the day after the Hammer race, Saturday, I decided to take chances, meaning if I break anything, AAA will be my lift home. I just went all out to say the least. I drove it as if I was racing for dollars. Anyone who's been out to Johnson Valley, understands the terrain situation. Things sneak up on you really quick. Anything nasty in my way, I would just accelerate. To my surprise, absolutely no skid smashing. Maybe a rub here and there. Had to stop at moments to do a check-up, but everything looked intact. My Raptor blew through big whoops like butter. It had a stable glide. After a big beating all day Saturday, that night I made my 3 hour drive back home riding like a Cadillac. Everything put together on the truck by RPG made this happen. I just wanted to add this post to let all know that I am very satisfied with the RPG System. I am equipped with the Stage 3 Kit w/HD springs and RPG Tie Rods. I am also running the shock valving equivilent to a SCREW on my SCAB. Hope this will help some of you out.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is your shock valving from Gary (Mictouch)??? Glad to hear you're happy with how it runs. You're right, that area CAN be brutal and there's definitely stuff that sneaks up on you. That's one of the first places I took my truck off-road, and I remember having a few "oh crap" moments for sure!

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is your shock valving from Gary (Mictouch)??? Glad to hear you're happy with how it runs. You're right, that area CAN be brutal and there's definitely stuff that sneaks up on you. That's one of the first places I took my truck off-road, and I remember having a few "oh crap" moments for sure!

Yes, MicTouch did the valving on my shocks and did one hell of a job.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RaptorAddict said:
Ok, the day after the Hammer race, Saturday, I decided to take chances, meaning if I break anything, AAA will be my lift home. I just went all out to say the least. I drove it as if I was racing for dollars. Anyone who's been out to Johnson Valley, understands the terrain situation. Things sneak up on you really quick. Anything nasty in my way, I would just accelerate. To my surprise, absolutely no skid smashing. Maybe a rub here and there. Had to stop at moments to do a check-up, but everything looked intact. My Raptor blew through big whoops like butter. It had a stable glide. After a big beating all day Saturday, that night I made my 3 hour drive back home riding like a Cadillac. Everything put together on the truck by RPG made this happen. I just wanted to add this post to let all know that I am very satisfied with the RPG System. I am equipped with the Stage 3 Kit w/HD springs and RPG Tie Rods. I am also running the shock valving equivilent to a SCREW on my SCAB. Hope this will help some of you out.

This is why I hate the east coast. Glad you had a good time w/o having to get a lift home.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome day and a good review of RPG's kit. It's on my list for sure, but it keeps getting pushed farther and farther into the future.

IRONMAN

Reaction score

DAMN! All this driving and no video...lol
Glad everything went smooth for you and hopefully I'll be getting the stage 3 kit as well.
Great write up Kirk.

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know I know. Birdman busted me today on the phone today for having no video. I just got carried away while being in awe about the performance. Just gotta take my word for it. I will get a video next time I roll out. Sorry guys.

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hey guys - to clear things up - what is on Kirk's Raptor from Raptor Addict, it's the front shocks that are off of my SCREW - they are the original shocks with 17 miles on them. I have purchased a few other sets to try out my custom valving on and have left the original shocks alone to compare with while doing my back to back testing.

The rear shocks are NOT the same as a SCREW or even close to a SCAB they have a hell of a lot more rebound valving in them and we have welded up the bleed holes and moved them. The National Spring pack is much more progressive than the stock springs and with the 2.5 bump stops the shocks needed more compression valving as well.

Besides, the reason why Kirk's Raptor feels so good is because one of his old rear shocks (with 60k) was leaking and was out of nitrogen and was 50cc or more low on oil. I found the same issue with one of his front shocks when I finally got them apart. I am also valving the front shocks now that I have input from him. If it is anything like my SCREW front shocks - it too will get more compression and rebound valving.

This morning I'm heading to Barstow to go with the crew that just finished restoring Ivan Stewart's Trophy Truck that was last run in the Baja 2000 (Nov 2000) the truck was totally restored by a bunch of us that worked at PPI. We spent yesterday day in a studio shooting with Dirt Sports for the 85th "Masterpiece in Metal" for an upcoming addition and today the truck will run across the rough terrain of Barstow for a Video Shoot. I will be shooting video as well as still shots and I will have plenty of pictures to share in the next few days. I talked to Ivan yesterday and he is excited about test driving my Raptor and I will get some shots of that as well. Which my Raptor well... ha ha

1566-1.jpg

1586.jpg

OFF ROAD BAJA 2000 TOYOTA TUNDRA parte 4, pirymeza - YouTube