Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeftyFabworks

Reaction score
Made to take the abuse thrown at them, our new Raptor skid plate line is the answer to full under body protection. Protect your investment and all of the expensive vital componants under the truck.

Gas Tank skid: $355

Our gas tank skid is the best protection available for your Ford SVT Raptor. The simple bolt on design is made to replace your stock inferior plastic skid plate in a matter of minutes with common hand tools. We utilize a powder coated steel sub structure with a 1/4" skid made from 5056 Aerospace Grade Aluminum.

T-Case skid $325 (Aluminum) / $225 (Steel add $40 for Powder coat)

Our T-Case skid is the best protection available for your Ford SVT Raptor. The simple bolt on design is made to replace your stock inferior skid plate in a matter of minutes with common hand tools. This skid plate is made from 1/4" 5056 Aerospace Grade Aluminum. With over 3 times the coverage area of the stock skid, hands down, this is the strongest protection available for your Raptor.

Transmission Skid $375 Aluminum / $275 Steel (add $45 for Powder coat)

This skid plate is made from 1/4" 5056 Aerospace Grade Aluminum for strong but lightweight protection. The SVT Raptor never came with any protection it this area. This skid protects more than just the transmission from damage but also the vital exhaust componants that hang below the frame and crossmember. One impact to the exhaust could cost upwards of $1000 in damage. This skid costs just a fraction of that and will save you from having to spend unnecessary money on repairs. There is also full access to the oil pan drain plug so that oil changes can be performed without removal of the skid.

Engine Skid $355 Aluminum / $255 Steel (add $40 for Powder coat)

The simple bolt on design is made to replace your stock inferior skid plate in a matter of minutes with common hand tools. This skid plate is made from 1/4" 5056 Aerospace Grade Aluminum for strong but lightweight protection.

All Steel skids are made from 3/16" A36 Steel

All products are built to order. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Call or email me with questions

Chris Hefty
[email protected]
(719)499-8126

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice gear!! :drool:

I recently discovered that I've torn a big chunk out of my stock plastic gas tank skid plate and now it has a huge crack running down it. Hmmmmm......

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a whole lot of armor right there!

If someone were to buy just one of the skid plates, which one would you recommend?

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great, now i got more stuff to buy. my wifes going to kill me..

Although, the gas tank protection is a necessity and not a bad price. Some how I will need to work up a good story about how unsafe the stock one is : )

OP
OP
HeftyFabworks

HeftyFabworks

Reaction score
That's a whole lot of armor right there!

If someone were to buy just one of the skid plates, which one would you recommend?

The transmission skid is where Ford felt no protection was needed. The Transmission sit high above the skid so the likely hood of damaging the trans pan is slim. However, The exhaust cross over pipe hangs behind the tranny and below the crossmember. It is the lowest point on the underside of your truck and the most likely place to get damage. replacing vital exhaust components isn't cheap and the cost of the transmission skid is minimal compared to even a minor fix at an exhaust shop.