October Raptor Run Pre run this weekend.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll be heading out for the pre run this Oct 1st for the upcoming Raptor Run in late October. This will be a new trail and hopefully don't encounter and cow's on this run.... We will be videoing the entire pre run so you can see what actually goes on in planning these runs. This run is not yet named and we have a kinda good idea of were we want to go but we will have more when we get done with the pre run.. Stay tuned...........

RaptorinTX

Reaction score
Connor, Are you still considering making this run more challenging and targeted for the trucks with frame and suspension modifications? I’m all for an opportunity to participate and see the trucks with the upgrade kits and modifications hit the dirt at one time to see how well they perform. It would certainly make it easier then reading thru all the posts and speculating on which vendors and kits have products worth installing and for what type of use. Keep me posted.

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Connor, Are you still considering making this run more challenging and targeted for the trucks with frame and suspension modifications? I’m all for an opportunity to participate and see the trucks with the upgrade kits and modifications hit the dirt at one time to see how well they perform. It would certainly make it easier then reading thru all the posts and speculating on which vendors and kits have products worth installing and for what type of use. Keep me posted.

Yes I am although I have never run this trail before so I'll know more after this weekend's pre run. There are, however, a few things to keep in mind: 1) We try to keep all the runs open to everybody, no matter what mods have been made to the trucks. 2) We only carry factory spare parts with us on the runs so if someone with aftermarket parts has a problem, that could potentially be an issue. 3) “Product proving grounds”: This is the most sensitive issue. The Raptor Runs are designed and put together so that Raptor owners can bring their trucks out and enjoy both their trucks and bonding with other Raptor owners. I have no problem with anyone doing the run with any type of aftermarket upgrades on their truck. In fact, I encourage it. But when I am on the run my focus is 100% on the participants enjoyment and their safety. At any given moment on the run I am calculating mileage, drive time, driver’s fatigue, upcoming terrain, fuel, chase truck location, radio chatter, what's for lunch and answering the many questions that everyone has. So trying to keep an eye on how everyone’s truck is handling will be difficult. What the runs do tell us is which products seem to work and which products do not work simply by attrition and/or part failure. What I propose is this.. yes, by all means please bring your modified Raptors on the run. I will be sure to let everyone know what the terrain is like after this weekend so no one is getting in over their head. With that said, we can use this as a trial evaluation of product performance.

Then I will start planning a run (just as you have requested) in which we can focus on how different manufacturers products work in the off road desert terrain. The trail will be a point to point distance trail but still sensible. This run will be designated for heavily upgraded/modified Raptor’s only! As far as setting a date for the “proving grounds run” I am thinking January or February 2012. With other prior obligations such as SEMA, Baja 1000, full work load, Christmas and other raptor runs to tend, that timeframe seems to fit.

The question is how many Raptor owners are interested in bringing their modified Raptors out on the run? We have to make sure there are enough out there that want to participate in something like this. Let me know your thoughts !