"New Product Release" OR Long Travel Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perfect. Thank you. How much time is needed to install this setup? How do you like the wider axle to match the front track width? Did you end up going with Currie? $$?

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Thank you. How much time is needed to install this setup? How do you like the wider axle to match the front track width? Did you end up going with Currie? $$?

We did a group buy on the Currie's. There are 4 trucks behind mine getting the same setup right now. You would have to call Outlaw to find out about the build time. I am just one of the truck owners who beats on it every chance he gets.

The wider rear axle is going to make a huge difference in the way it tracks and be much more stable.

metroman

Reaction score

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very Cool. Like it alot! Does the new Currie rearend match the trackwidth of the front or is it the stock width? Give us your roadtest comments! how is it tracking? the video looked awesome!

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very Cool. Like it alot! Does the new Currie rearend match the trackwidth of the front or is it the stock width? Give us your roadtest comments! how is it tracking? the video looked awesome!

The Currie does match the front end width.

metroman

Reaction score
I think the front is still a tad wider then the rear even with the Currie. But that is when the front is at it's widest stance.

The truck takes some getting used to in terms of handling. If you are a good driver it should not be a problem for you. I dont recommend this for someone who spends 90% of the time on the freeway. I off road a lot because of where I live. I want to try off road racing at some point so my Raptors are "training vehicles".

I can tell you that I want my second Raptor build out like the first one, but I will keep the headers off of it so it is more town and wife friendly. The cage on this Raptor does cause a lot of road and shock noise to come into the cab. I need to talk to Outlaw a bit out other cage options that might reduce noise. This Raptor has a SCORE tagged race legal race.

After driving this Raptor I had to drive my stockish grey/silver Raptor. After taking the same roads with both vehicles I basically dont want to go back to driving a stock Raptor. By stock I mean even with bolt one stuff. This long travel system is bad ass.

I will post of pics of what just happened to my Grey Raptor this weekend so you can get an idea of the forces I expose my truck to. Stock does not really cut it for me.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Here is what happened this weekend. Could have been very bad. This happened at 50 MPH. Could have caused a rollover or sent me down a cliff. Luckily it broke on a mild, straight section of road.

This break is why you guys might want to consider having Outlaw Offroad install the spindle gusset kit on your stock spindles. A catastrophic failure like this can kill you.

This is why I want this Raptor caged as well and a long travel kit installed.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107340845332205134287/GreyRaptorSpindleBreak