New Alpha 1 Spindle Gusset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
• Strengthens the factory cast spindle uprights and prevents the knuckle from bending at the 90 degree top mount. This damage occurs during full compression with the factory UCA.

So is this needed for use with aftermarket UCA's as well?? Or are they less likely to bend with aftermarket UCA's?

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
• Strengthens the factory cast spindle uprights and prevents the knuckle from bending at the 90 degree top mount. This damage occurs during full compression with the factory UCA.

So is this needed for use with aftermarket UCA's as well?? Or are they less likely to bend with aftermarket UCA's?

Yes they are needed with aftermarket UCAs. Theres still a weak point.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Outlaw

Do you know if the oem spindles are heat treated after casting or not?

Ive been trying to find that out. Ill let you guys know as soon as i find some answers on that.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about Alpha 1 spindle with gusset already professionally welded... Since there are several owners that have damage to the spindle and ear is already bent.. Personally, I rather buy this set up verses buying just gusset and having jim bob weld it..

-Greg

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But can my Jim Bob weld them up while they're still on the truck - without removing the spindles to do it?