What 4X4 magazine should I start following?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m wanting to get a subscription to a 4X4 magazine, any thoughts on what would give me the best info on stuff pertinent to raptors. I don’t want “Car and Drive” I could give a crap about sports cars. I want to find out about excursions, places to go and reads stories that are favorable to the Raptor. I want to see what mods others are doing and see pictures of tough looking off-rad trucks ( no low riders) Let me know your thoughts. thanks

Banned
Reaction score
the two magazines i buy the odd time are petersons 4wheel & offroad, and fourwheeler magazine.

both are good imo, and offer great tech, and often include articles about places to go. both magazines in my eyes are fairly good. the odd one isnt that great, but thats to be expected as everyone likes different things. what i find goo, you may not.

but anyways, those are my two suggestions

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I also 4Wheel & Off-road, Off Road, Overland Journal and borrow 4Wheel Drive.

Off-Road seems to cover quite a bit of the desert / pre-runner stuff.
4Wheel Drive usually has at least two interesting trip reports. Their tech stuff isn't as detailed, but I really enjoy the trip reports.
Overland Journal is focused on overland / expedition type travel, which I find interesting, others may not.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Offroad Magazine for sure...like I've said before they've come out to cover our events (TRR) so we definitely need to support those guys.

My other favorite is Dirt Sports, they focus a lot on the racing scene if you're into that. Plenty of event coverage, as well as some tech articles that you can learn a lot from.