VIDEO: Motor Trend Reviews the 6.2L Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuPanda

Reaction score
OK....now how bad do I want my truck to get here....Argggghhhhh!

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha understood. Soon Au. Soon!

I thought it was a very good video. Fair and accurate.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice review with I-can't-wait-to-go-back-to-the-desert-and-run-my-Raptor video clips including those taken from a helicopter.

I like the quote, "With a bump in the compression ratio, revised cam profile, new headers and a remapped engine management system this 6.2L V-8 is good for a reliable 500 HP and 500 pound-feet of torque." Who needs a supercharger when you can have a street illegal (in CA) monster Raptor (Raptor XT).

6a00d83451b3c669e20120a64c9e57970b-800wi.jpg

Take everything in steps :) In this case it's 80-100 HP steps :mrgreen:

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^That caught my attention too.

I'm kinda looking forward to when my warranty is up... gonna see what we can do, if anything, to stay smog legal but maybe squeeze a few more pony's out of my 5.4

Something else the review highlighted was the shifting profiles. I know there are guys that like to stick it in D and leave it there, and that's probably what ya should be doing in high speed desert running (aka keeping both hands on the wheel) but I LOVE to work the gears. The 5.4 is a totally different engine when the shifts are controlled manually... I have to assume it feels a bit more like the 6.2 in D.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
^^That caught my attention too.

I'm kinda looking forward to when my warranty is up... gonna see what we can do, if anything, to stay smog legal but maybe squeeze a few more pony's out of my 5.4

Something else the review highlighted was the shifting profiles. I know there are guys that like to stick it in D and leave it there, and that's probably what ya should be doing in high speed desert running (aka keeping both hands on the wheel) but I LOVE to work the gears. The 5.4 is a totally different engine when the shifts are controlled manually... I have to assume it feels a bit more like the 6.2 in D.

Another one comes to the dark side...I think I'm going to turn the 5.4 into a daily driver/tow vehicle and get a 6.2 for fun!!!