Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxigator

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on the best tuner to use on 2012? Have read a lot about SCT iTSX wireless, anyone any experience?

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont know much about the wireless one but I can tell you almost anyone here will tell you to get the sct x3 from mike at 5star, amazing tunes, specially if you get the afe stage 2 or even airaid combo (hint hint get the afe)

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ended up with the diablo not sure yet it's an upgrade from the 5 star I was told. so check out all options read good luck. definitely more snap and better mpg but have only had it on for a 1/4 tank so far. and not sure if I had the 5 stare on to begin with I could find out if any interested. but if so definitely go with the diablo.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does the diablo shift wilson? my only gripe with 5star tune is the shift points and it doesnt like to downshift at certain cruising speeds, but that is easily fixed with the greatness that is manual mode or just putting on a econ tune lol

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Would love to hear how the tuner's are working for you guys... I am in the market for one and wantto make sure an get the best one out no matter whatthe price!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
shifting is good in off road mod it down shifts better or faster imo. I think it is to early to tell just how well the shifting is going to be I did notice a hard shift at one point but is it learning yet. or just because I was driving it hard at normal hard acceleration it is good. when romping it is when I noticed the hard shift punching the pedal numeral times. on pavement it brakes loose in 2nd and 3rd gear. I run e-30 witch is at least 103 octane. It is to early too tell I have not even burned a tank of gas yet I will keep you informed.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this the Diablo tuner that you bought?
Man it does a crap load of stuff, Like if you run larger tires and need to run lower PSI you can change your perimeters so that the light for low air pressure comes on at a different setting, or monitor different things going on with your engine and trans.

Attachments

• dblt-1000.jpg
    dblt-1000.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Derrick

Reaction score
Just installed the SCT wireless and tune along with Araid CAI. Tune was easy to install did not make any adjustments to shifting yet. Also got a premium tune to install if I want but I find the noise from the CAI a bit annoying as I can hear a bog (i will call it a bog but remember when we use to turn the air cleaner upside down on carbuerated engines for more power...lol) that kind of noise under light load as it comes and goes quickly as rpm increases maybe it can be changed somewhere in the tune. I am really trying to tell myself there is a difference other then the noise at the CAI. think I need to get in and make some adjustments to feel some differences other wise it's easy to use no wires and wireless data logging if you feel the need.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just installed the SCT wireless and tune along with Araid CAI. Tune was easy to install did not make any adjustments to shifting yet. Also got a premium tune to install if I want but I find the noise from the CAI a bit annoying as I can hear a bog (i will call it a bog but remember when we use to turn the air cleaner upside down on carbuerated engines for more power...lol) that kind of noise under light load as it comes and goes quickly as rpm increases maybe it can be changed somewhere in the tune. I am really trying to tell myself there is a difference other then the noise at the CAI. think I need to get in and make some adjustments to feel some differences other wise it's easy to use no wires and wireless data logging if you feel the need.

It is more of intake burp.. Tried all different tunes and the burp is present in all of them.

-Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts