TSB for "The Clunk"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard there's a TSB for "The Clunk"

The TSB has a Part Number for the Driveshaft with different Part Numbers for the SCrew Cab and SuperCab along with the four bolts required.

Part Number Part Name
BL3Z-4602-J Driveshaft 145" WB
BL3Z-4602-H Driveshaft 133" WB
N800594-S100 Driveshaft Flange Bolt (4 required)

There's no mention of a differential fix.

1. Remove old driveshaft
2. Replace with new driveshaft

Anyone here have it done or can verify this info?

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part was ordered the day the tsb came out. It was done that Friday and has been great since. I've put about 750 miles on it and not a true believer till I get back from the Barstow to Vegas run next weekend. Then I'll know it's been put thru it's paces.

OkieRacing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah today my guy @ Ford said my truck '10 ext cab wasnt listed as covered but he said to check the part # on my driveshaft
He said if it was BL3V4602AB OR BL3V4602BB that he would still be able to do it. If it ends in AC or BC then its the updated piece. I havnt had a chance to crawl under there and look but I hope Im covered cause I got tha clunk...not always but it flares up from time to time...I mean it uhhh it clunks from time to time ;)