The Truth About The Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What a crock of shit. This is filled with misinformation, lies and out right slander. I also take offense (again) to my original post being edited so that they can attempt to prove an idiotic theory about the run, what happened, how it happened and what was said 2.5 years ago.

I want to know what idiot brought this "story" up again and rehashed their own article from 2.5 years ago.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Exactly.

Author-MtrRider on Oppositelock

thats the jack ass you need to talk to about this poor excuse for an article!

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one who would drive there truck across the desert at high rate of speed and to have a maped corse or not and to think that things are not going to break they are a complete MORON ! To blame to event coordinators for flat tires because they took us a trail with sharp rocks "hum" silly right !
Grow up if you play your going to have to pay that's the name of the game.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is my opinion from someone who came from very little offroad experience -

I think the article misses a very important point. Some of us drive our trucks knowing that we are going to break them. That is part of the fun. Drive, destroy, rebuild stronger. I attended my first Raptor Run and I WAY over drove my driving ability and my truck paid the price. BUT IT WAS AWESOME!!! I wear the scars on my Raptor like a badge of honor. The guys that are going to these Raptor Runs are guys that want to push their limits and the truck. If not, why go? I do believe that the vendors deep down want us to break our trucks so that they can sell us bigger and better parts. I DO NOT see a problem with this. They are a business and they are in the business of selling awesome raptor parts. With that said, I do not believe any vendor on here would purposely try and lead people on a path to break their trucks. That is just an outlandish and stupid thing to suggest, (which is what the author did).

Drive it, Break it, Repair it, Repeat

Love working on my truck!

You’re lucky. You “came from very little offroad experience” and you “WAY over drove (your) driving ability and (your) truck paid the price.” You’re lucky you and other people didn’t also pay a price (it’s easy for a 6,000 lb. truck to cause bodily harm when it's being driven by a newbie off road and there's a driver mistake or the truck has a mechanical issue).

While you know you’re going to break your truck and you see that as “part of the fun,” there are many who don’t want to break theirs and don’t think that it’s fun when they do.

I don’t think the article said the vendor “would purposely try and lead people on a path to break their trucks.” I don’t believe the article ever said that was their intent.

As someone who has been involved with the Raptor for over three years, was on the first Outlaw Raptor Run and now a team member of Raptor Expeditions like others I was speechless when I read this. Some of the info regarding the truck is true and some of the info about the first run is true. But the slanderous way it was written is not. The first Outlaw run was a learning experience for all involved. Connor did not bend his frame prerunning it, all we had were CB radios and no GPS. (Like I said a learning experience)

Runs we provided at a later date mandated race radios and GPS were in all the trucks. Carnage went way down and people had the time of their lives and are begging for us to start them up again. However, due to issues beyond our control we cannot offer supported runs. Trucks did bend their frames on the first run and many more have been bent by people all over the world since then. Companies have started because of the Raptor bending frames. The first company to produce a bump kit was SDHQ not Outlaw. I think RPG and ADD were 3rd and 4th. So to imply it was a marketing tool by Connor is BS. Do all of these shops make money by us breaking and modifying our trucks, of course they do.

It has been said many times by me and others, the Raptor is not a Trophy Truck and if you drive it like one you will break it. So what the writer is saying is nothing new, just rehashing old information and throwing a reputable company under the bus so to speak. Pretty ****** up if you ask me.

IMO, running organized off road events is not the best time to have “learning experiences.” There’s a huge amount of risk involved for equipment and people and it’s not the type of event that newbies, new to running off road events for newbies driving off road in $50,000 trucks should (IMO) be involved in. You’re all very lucky things didn’t go really bad.

As for your statement that “Companies have started because of the Raptor bending frames,” I’m not sure that’s entirely accurate. I’d say there was a huge pent-up demand for aftermarket products and one of the product lines that came about was frame reinforcement and bump stops. The frame bending was another opportunity for aftermarket companies to make additional products. But maybe you know of one or more companies that started only because of the bent frames.

While I agree with some of the author's points, I get the feeling this article demonstrates the lack of personal accountability that is so prevalent in our society. People today want to point the finger or blame someone else for their lack of good judgement and/or mistakes. It just burns my ass.

I doubt any other product in the world is bought "off the shelf" and subjected to the kind of abuse and has such high expectations as the Ford Raptor. I say job well done, Ford!:waytogo:

Good point about personal accountability.

The owners/drivers of the Raptors certainly should take the blame for their mistakes in judgement and driving.

But personal accountability also comes into play for the organizers of events – not just owners & drivers.

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either the OP was hacked, drugged, or is a frustrated writer that needs an outlet. The supportive responses from the usual suspects does not surprise me. This is a reckless, biased thread that surely has all of the Mods tickled "pink". Overall, a pretty cheap Shot and a complete waste of time void of any real information.

Made you look, so endeth the trick....

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
This is a reckless, biased thread that surely has all of the Mods tickled "pink". Overall, a pretty cheap Shot and a complete waste of time void of any real information.

Made you look, so endeth the trick....

For one, you seem to imply that I wrote this - I did not. I simply quoted the article. All other press discussing this has been posted on FRF, why should this one not be? Simply because a few disagree with the message?