The Raptor Origin Story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great video. Fascinating how these guys could get the green light to develop something so different from what they were used to doing. I'm glad they did!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool video find:happy160:

Jamal mentioned how the quality of the Raptor during regular street driving really surprised people. This was so true for me and really sold the truck as far as I'm concerned. The offroad capabilities of the Raptor was enormous but I thought to my self, this was going to be my daily driver. I realized the Raptor was first an offroad race vehicle and knew the daily ride quality was going to suffer but hopefully not too bad. So I contacted the owner of the local dealer who is a friend/neighbor. He didn't have any Raptors at the moment but he let me test drive his son's 5.4 Raptor. I really wasn't looking for a lot of power to be honest. Anyhow, my first impressions was WOW! The Raptor was very pleasant driving around town, even more so than my wife's Z71 Tahoe! My only complaint was the odd shifting of the transmission combined with the 5.4 in town...which turned out to be normal for that set up. I told my friend to call me when he got a 6.2l. The better shifting of the 6.2 and extra passing power combined with such a street friendly offroad vehicle had me sold! That was 3yrs ago this June and I still make up excuses to drive my Raptor!!

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how they refer to it as the current Raptor towards the end and mention the Atlas. I take that as they are developing the next generation Raptor