Quick Drive: 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd speculate that the Torsen could be a major liability for high speed driving because of the torque steering effect.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd speculate that the Torsen could be a major liability for high speed driving because of the torque steering effect.

It's going to be interesting to try it out. My bet is that they took this into account and engineered appropriately. They have mentioned numerous places that SVT worked directly with Torsen to adapt this application for the Raptor.

I definitely see how in general this could be a problem, but I suspect they solved the issue. Let's hope, eh? :Grenade:

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this.

I would like to drop one of the Torsen's in my truck. Maybe down the road.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found the statement that the front camera negates the need for a spotter kinda funny. I would sure like to know if I roll over a ledge and am about to bend in my rear bumper or sheet metal. But I bet it would help you line up the tires pretty well. You can't replace a good spotter.

But a pretty good article. I just wish I new about the Torsen Diff when I bought my 2011....

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found the statement that the front camera negates the need for a spotter kinda funny. I would sure like to know if I roll over a ledge and am about to bend in my rear bumper or sheet metal. But I bet it would help you line up the tires pretty well. You can't replace a good spotter.

But a pretty good article. I just wish I new about the Torsen Diff when I bought my 2011....
Agreed. Negate seems like too strong of a word. Maybe mitigate the times you'll need one, but I'm never going to trust the camera THAT much - especially on a $50K truck! :shocked:

That being said, I still ordered the camera and will definitely try it out.

Vettster

Reaction score

I wonder what it would take to upgrade the Torsen to my 2011??????

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Michigan Bob from pickuptrucks.com comments said:
Awesome? Raptor is just a over priced gas HOG! The Raptor is for ford girly men that feel the need to compensate for their little wee wee's. I will say that there is definitely a market for the raptor and that ford is making some money on this niche market.

Ford Raptor, I'm loud and proud and love to eat gas. The Raptor will probably offer ford girly man steps just to get in the truck. Now watch all the ford girly men respond with anger because I said the ford raptor was for ford girly men with little wee wee's. Just watch, here it comes.....

:big_banana_Dance:
Definitely worthy of a full-scale Banana dance!

sidram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"grille-mounted camera (with a tiny spray nozzle to wash away mud or dust)"

It sounds like it will be a cool toy to have.