Order soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Talked to dealership owner yesterday. He had recently had a conversation with a Ford big wig. The ordering of 2014 Raptors is out the roof. He got the impression from this gentleman that Ford may cut off ordering very early next year. Hence the dealership owner will stop offering invoice pricing on Raptor orders soon. I don't know if this is a situation that would impact others but if your on the fence about ordering a 2014 Raptor I would make a decision very quickly. He also told me dealerships without an allotment of Raptors will most likely be left out on ordering any future Raptors. He said Ford had told them last year that Raptor production would be increased for this year but he thinks the demand has outstripped the increased supply. None of this information can be verified of course but if I were you I would pull the trigger soon.

D

Deleted member 12951

Can he confirm with that Ford big wig if they will not be making the Raptor in 2015 since that is still speculative?

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can he confirm with that Ford big wig if they will not be making the Raptor in 2015 since that is still speculative?

Funny you should ask that. I asked him that directly. He told me Ford has made no official announcement but the skuttlebutt around is Ford will "skip" a year on the Raptor. He said there is some real concerns on what to do with the Raptor with the new gas mileage standards. He told me again, his opinion only, that if the Raptor comes back out for the new model it will be very different.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the new fuel mileage standards, an production model Ecoboost Raptor would be a perfect fit. Maybe design a V8 Ecoboost, that would be a true beast, especially with tuning and a few mods.

Chris we talked about that as well. He said he had heard a rumor Ford was fooling with the old 4.6 with a single or double turbo. That is rumor and we all know how rumors are.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First: I hope there is a new Raptor for the 2016 model year.

Second: I hope there is still a na big v8 option!

Third: Would a turbo in a Raptor be as good and reliable?

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think that a turbo 4.6 would come close to touching an actual V8 NA Ecoboost. The 3.5 Ecoboost when tuned is a beast that kicks the crap out of diesels at the sled pulls, if THAT engine can do that, a V8 option similar to it would be a BEAST in a Raptor.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But would an Ecoboost (twin turbo) Raptor be as good and reliable off road?

If they were to offer that, it would have to be a smaller engine right to get better gas mileage? We're unlikely to see a 6.2L Ecoboost but then what could we possibly see? A smaller V8 right? Or would they really try and take a 3.5L Ecoboost to another level? Just curious what some of you think. My biggest question is still on reliability and then I'd personally have a hard time buying a second Raptor with a v6 in it. Ecoboost 5.0? Would that work? Would it survive the off-road dirt and beating?

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being forced induction with a turbo, I would have to wonder about turbo lag when you need the torque, as well as quality filtration, especially considering how much dust and dirt they have to contend with. That isn't even to mention how fast the turbo would suck in water in some situations. they definitely have their work cut out for them...lol A 4.6 turbo eco may be a viable option as could the 5.0, but the v-6 I don't think most Raptor owners would be truly satisfied with.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think this whole forced induction and offraod is getting some what blown out of portion. look at all the trucks and construction equipment that see more dust,dirt and sand then a raptor would ever see and they run just fine. like it's been said it's all about the filtration plus look at the Eco boost Rapotr they took to the Baja it did awesome and finished the race.