Jalopnik: 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor: First Crawl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor: First Crawl

"The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor pickup emerged in 2007 as a desert runner, was recast as a Michigan mudder and then as a snowbird-slash-missile-site-transporter. For its fourth phase, Ford is positioning the long-travel-suspension pickup as a rock crawler. Having never scrabbled the Earth's craggy layer in a truck before, I was a natural sucker for Ford's latest demo of the Raptor's abusage cycle in Moab. Who would crack first, the truck's frame or the on-roader's spine?"

White608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool, I'd like to see less "epic" video and more actual footage. I can't wait to go back to Moab with a Raptor.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some slow ass shit! Good find! Slap the mirrors back and let it rip.
Loved the spare in the bed and 30 camera guys at each corner.
Thanks!

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! Was in Moab this summer but didn't use my SCrew for any rock crawling. There are plenty of high-speed desert trails in the area that better suit the truck's capabilities, IMO. I highly recommend a trip to the area. Here's a pic from our ride on Chicken Corners (the wife was screaming and the kids never stopped laughing for nearly an hour) -

twmoab1.jpg

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was a great video. I really liked the music. I felt like I was running in the fields with a sword with Mel Gibson before he was a ****-addict.