Ford's Epic Gamble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing that Ford would not be in business any longer if they did not sell big SUV's and F series this would not happen if they had any chance of failing. They have been working on all aluminum vehicles since my first one I was involved with in 1986 :) the Taurus. Here is a picture of our experimental mechanic group involved on the Taurus vehicle. Ya me with the harley shirt on. :)
EVBtaruasgroup_zps907f8a36.jpg

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The funny thing about this is that aluminum used to be so precious that the capitals on the pillars at the Library of Congress were made of that metal as a statement of rich opulence. No, really. Aluminum used to be rare, expensive stuff.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere on the site (sorry if re-post)...

Ford's Epic Gamble: The Inside Story

A very interesting article on the process and development of the next Gen F-150

Ford

Welcome newcomer! Are you a current Raptor owner or a perspective owner? Introduce yourself so we can all get to know you!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The funny thing about this is that aluminum used to be so precious that the capitals on the pillars at the Library of Congress were made of that metal as a statement of rich opulence. No, really. Aluminum used to be rare, expensive stuff.

aluminum forms from raw bauxite, the must abandon mineral on earth

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very good article. As a Ford enthusiast I love where they are headed and how they are sailing into uncharted waters in the truck industry.
As the person handling the change for my family's body shop..very very stressful.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2001 ranger had an aluminum hood so it's not new or revolutionary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2001 ranger had an aluminum hood so it's not new or revolutionary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new and revolutionary part is the fact that it will be a high volume production that is almost entirely aluminum.