Ford Sync Said to Drop Microsoft in Switch to BlackBerry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford drops Microsoft for Sync Product

Ford is going to partner up with Blackberry of all companies to do the new version of Sync. I actually was getting used to the Sync Gen 2 on my 2014. :(

Link HERE

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Old news. And the product actually is one that blackberry purchased, not in-house designed. QNX is a great base as it was designed for real time applications so it should be highly responsive long as the apps are designed properly and not just code thrown together.

Much better then an android based system

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
QNX is used for the base of most car manufacturers infotainment systems. Supports CarPlay too.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did some real time programming back in college and long as you do it right you can have a very responsive and efficient system with a real time OS. Most people don't realize that things such as medical implants (Pacemakers and such run off rest time os's)

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well this idea looks good but also RIM certainly want to pick up a broader market by working together in syn vehicle

Car Previews & Release Dates
RIM bought QNX which is the os used on almost all ICE systems, ford took a big leap when it went with Ms rather than the industry standard.

As for rim this is probably their largest business unit now. There handset business has been hit hard (several of my coworkers are ex rim).