The Ford SVT Raptor Destroys Sales Records Like It Destroys Roads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
The Ford SVT Raptor Destroys Sales Records Like It Destroys Roads

Have you gone out and bought a new Ford SVT Raptor yet? No? Well, then you must be one of the only ones. Ford says that their latest über-truck is annihilating sales records so hard they've had to ramp up production like never before.

As Karl Henkel over at the Detroit News reports, Raptor sales are up 14 percent this year, causing Ford to increase production by a whopping 67 percent. They're now making five Raptors an hour at the Dearborn Truck Plant to keep up with demand. Ford is selling about 1,000 Raptors per month.

It's great to see the Raptor doing so well. As our own Zac Estrada noted earlier this year, the Raptor's 411 horsepower, 6.2-liter V8 and potent standard four-wheel drive will put a smile on anyone's face, even if they're not a hardcore truck person.

This success isn't just in the U.S., either — the Raptor is apparently a surprisingly big hit in China, according to Karl's story. The truck isn't sold there, but Chinese buyers are willing to pay up to four times the sticker to gray-import it.

That makes sense. If you were a newly-minted Chinese oligarch, would you rather have a stretched BMW 3-Series, a Buick, or one of these bad *************? U-S-A! U-S-A!

DT 714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking too! Buy a few Raptors...export, then retire.

Only if you can hit the detonate button once the payment is received.....

Let 'em go build their own stuff...

I'd give up my damn "eye-phone" in a second if that was the trade off....

We should & could make or build anything we want or need in the good old USA....

Screw China....and while we're at it...Screw OPEC and the rest of those mullah's that don't like us until they need rescuing or saving...!!

And last but not least....SCREW RUSSIA & PUTIN...!!! Gen. Patton was right..!!

Oh...sorry....(not...)....the popularity of the Raptor is a double edged sword...

Well I feel a little bit better now.....how bout you...??