Ford to stop putting V8 in f150 and mustang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya i dont see this happening anytime soon. i could see the days of the big v8 being dead and small NA/twin turbo v8 like the 5.2 and 5.0l.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What fords have V8's now? F150, F250 and larger trucks and the Mustang. I don't think the rest of their line up are available with V8's. Lincoln luxury cars are a joke, rebadged Fords with 4 cylinders. If they do drop the V8, I'm done with them too. I think it will be a cold day in hell when GM drops their V8's, how many V6 Vettes would they sell, I think none. Same with Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar, they keep building the larger V8's with more HP. They might as well bring back the Mustang II. The more I look at that new GT with the V6, the more I think it's going to be a huge flop, let me see do I spend $200,000+ on that or a Ferrari, hmm tough choice?

Last edited:

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a gas motor in a superduty what are they planning on putting in that?

See this is where I hope that the 5.0 Coyote EcoBoost rumors that occasionally pop up would bear some fruit. A de-tuned version for the 3/4 ton and bigger trucks, and a high output snarly badass version for the Raptor.